IGNORED

Christmas Carol in Revival

I just received a copy of the English edition of the Revival homebrew magazine, Issue #45, which showcases Christmas Carol in a wonderful review by Michael Thomasson, of Good Deal Games. The French edition has another review by editor RayXambeR. Both give the game an 8 out of 10, and offer some very nice compliments. (shucks!) :)

Below is a photo of the two page spread on the magazine, for those who don't have a copy. That said, Revival is an outstanding magazine, published quarterly, covering the homebrew scene of all retro-consoles--including our very own Intellivision scene! It is always a good idea to support their efforts. You can find out more information about the publication on their web site.

Thanks to Michael and Cyril--and all other reviewers as well--for giving my game a chance and for taking the time and effort to write their reviews. Thanks also to all who played the game. I'm really overjoyed by the community response.

-dZ.

post-27318-0-06598500-1367584231_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Only 8 out of 10? :mad: ;)

For me it should be 10. But the review is a nice one. Yes, the manual, Christmas theme and game makes a great combination!

I have only one question.

Is there any original retro game homebrew that was ported to other systems?

I would love to see Christmas Carol in the Colecovision, Atari 7800 and Nes. Maybe someone can make a good port for the Atari 2600 too...

After this Dz-Jay can go to the Android and become rich!!!

For me it should be 10. But the review is a nice one. Yes, the manual, Christmas theme and game makes a great combination!

I would love to see Christmas Carol in the Colecovision, Atari 7800 and Nes. Maybe someone can make a good port for the Atari 2600 too...

LOL! Perhaps someday. No plans for it, though; Christmas Carol is an Intellivision exclusive title right now.

Does Beef Drop count as original? it was ported to the Atari 8bit computer, 5200, and 7800

And according to my Intellivision Collectors Guide the 2600 homebrew Fall Down was also being made for the Intellivision but not sure what happened with it.

Does Beef Drop count as original? it was ported to the Atari 8bit computer, 5200, and 7800

And according to my Intellivision Collectors Guide the 2600 homebrew Fall Down was also being made for the Intellivision but not sure what happened with it.

I thought Beef Drop started in the 7800 but to me it's a BurgerTime clone as Meteor Shower for 7800 is of Astrosmash. BTW Meteor Shower is a great game.

I never saw Fall Down for Intellivision but I'm new to the Intellivision...

Not yet.

Here. The game is free, and it is exactly the same version being sold. The difference is the collectible cartridge, box, and glossy manual, only available in the purchased version. The fluidity of the controls of Christmas Carol on the real Intellivision controller disc are hard to beat, and worth the price itself. :)

-dZ.

Here. The game is free, and it is exactly the same version being sold. The difference is the collectible cartridge, box, and glossy manual, only available in the purchased version. The fluidity of the controls of Christmas Carol on the real Intellivision controller disc are hard to beat, and worth the price itself. :)

-dZ.

That's true.

I use keyboards for many, many years and I started playing on the Intellivision less than one year ago!

Even for me, Christmas Carol on the Intellivision controller disc was a much better experience compared to the keyboard.

The disc was faster and more precise for fast turns.

That's true.

I use keyboards for many, many years and I started playing on the Intellivision less than one year ago!

Even for me, Christmas Carol on the Intellivision controller disc was a much better experience compared to the keyboard.

The disc was faster and more precise for fast turns.

Says the guy who first rolled the "color coded" score. :)

Michael runs 'Good Deal Games' ......I have my 2 games carried there.......you should see about getting Carol sold there too.

I passed it on to Joe. I don't think he is interested though.

By the way, there's a good D2K review as well on the same issue. You should get a copy.

dZ.

Where can i get issues? Also 8 out of 10? Wtf? You, carl, and joe/dave have broken the limitations of any original game released imo. Space patrol, d1k/d2k, and christmas carol get 10/10 in my book. Just sayin...

I believe Good Deal Games sells the English edition of Revival.

By the way, thanks for the kind words. :)

I just received a copy of the English edition of the Revival homebrew magazine, Issue #45, which showcases Christmas Carol in a wonderful review by Michael Thomasson, of Good Deal Games. The French edition has another review by editor RayXambeR. Both give the game an 8 out of 10, and offer some very nice compliments. (shucks!) :)

Below is a photo of the two page spread on the magazine, for those who don't have a copy. That said, Revival is an outstanding magazine, published quarterly, covering the homebrew scene of all retro-consoles--including our very own Intellivision scene! It is always a good idea to support their efforts. You can find out more information about the publication on their web site.

Thanks to Michael and Cyril--and all other reviewers as well--for giving my game a chance and for taking the time and effort to write their reviews. Thanks also to all who played the game. I'm really overjoyed by the community response.

-dZ.

Great review ... 8/10 is a solid score, although my biased opinion agrees that it should be a little higher. Enjoy the publicity (you definitely earned it!) and make sure to buy several copies.

Carol vs Ghost is definitely a 10/10. I think Liduario is on to something with the Android/iOS game version idea. It could totally take off and become the new Angry Birds. Kids with Carol vs Ghost backpacks will fill the schools. Action figures for the boys, Carol dolls for the girls, maybe even a Broadway musical ;-) dZ makes a billion dollars and Intellivision gets a huge bump as interest is renewed. Then my piles and piles of $1 commons become priceless as droves of college students fight for the remaining originals. Then I can take my riches and finally finish my 125 ;-) This plan is so perfect it HAS to work! Muhahahaha!

the rom exists, I have it...

the game is not complete (only 2 players mode is available) and we do not know how much would be worth to be released from a "commercial" point of view