IGNORED

Tempest 2000 on ps vita

asmat80

Uhhhhhh, that video you just posted, is that T2K for Vita? Why? I don't like that at all, why not just port the Jaguar version? The way everything moves in that video is all wrong. And the effects. Very disappointing. :(

If you want a direct port of T2K for vita, nobody's stopping you from porting Virtual Jaguar and showing that pesky Minter a thing or two :P. We're waiting!

(oh, and because the quality of youtube makes the game look really worse than it is, here's a tiny 1.6gb video so you can have a proper look at the game!)

• Like 2

Yeah don't take it personal, I just want when its called T2K to actually be T2K, not Tempest something or other. Maybe the youtube video makes it look really slow. I just wanted a carbon copy of T2K, its perfect and needs no enhancements or changes.

Semantics maybe, but it is not called Tempest 2000. It's title is TxK. It would be cool to have a copy of Tempest 2000 I guess, but I already have that.

Minter lately has a tendency to overdo the effects. Its like he figures if he's got all this gfx power he needs to use it every moment until you're overwhelmed instead of picking and choosing when it's appropriate IMO. And so you get the headaches and the too much going on everywhere all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get a go (had to disturb Jeff from a rather awesome smelling pasty too! oops).. It's a really good version, the soundtrack is certainly pumping, has a lot of the old T2K vibe to it, effects are very bright and crisp (Gotta love that OLED display :D ) I'd prefer if it had a spinner, but mostly because I suck at Tempest on a stick :D and I doubt Sony will release a Vita rotary :D :D

It plays really well, think I will keep my eyes out for this when it's released, good game to have on my Vita.. Alas by the time I finished my go Jeff was away playing on another machine so I didn't get to ask him about prospective release dates, and I didn't fancy hanging around until he finished playing, as I imagined that could be quite some time :D

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Tempest has gone downhill since tempest 3000... Tempest 2000 on Jag PS1 pc and Saturn were best. And wont be beaten.

Minter should mix things up more and make some different games. he has been stuck on tempest WAY too long.

I would love to see a minter updated version of super mario bros. :)

I do enjoy Space Giraffe aswell from time to time and only wish it had more songs (which I can provide myself) and DD surround sound. I also enjoyed Tempest 3000 although it has its flaws.

Now if I'd buy a Vita my Nuon would not be the only system with only two games that I play.