IGNORED

Good Craiglist Buy?

LightestEnd

Well, for $60, I purchased an Atari Game Center, a cartridge storage cabinet, an Atari Flashback 3 (still in bags), four controllers (counting the flashbakcs), and 41 games (only about 5 repeats, most are label variants). How did I do?post-35323-0-20193900-1367649270_thumb.jpgpost-35323-0-83530000-1367649328_thumb.jpgpost-35323-0-43922800-1367649354_thumb.jpgpost-35323-0-21521800-1367649402_thumb.jpg

I think you did pretty good. I value most of those games at about $1 each. A few of them are worth $5 or more.

I don't give much value to those 2 controllers black and silver, as they are a very unpopular style.

I don't know how to value the flashback, as I've never bought or sold one.

The game centers are hard to value. Generally, when I get them as part of a lot, I don't put any value on them, but they are nice to have, as they seem to do a pretty good job of diminishing the impact of time on the contents. If you decide to use them, I recommend adding packets of dessicant inside (in any empty spaces you may find, to help keep the humidity down, and to store it in a shaded (or even better, dark) place. This combination of things should help keep the labels from deteriorating over time.

I've cleaned dirty game centers by taking them outside and blasting them with a water hose. The few times I have done this, this worked really well, but use your own judgement on that one (like if the woodgrain looks like a sticker that may come off if it gets soaked, you might not want to do that).