IGNORED

Older Intelligentvision titles becoming available soon

I'm almost 40, and what Ignorama said is pretty much my situation about homebrews. Somehow, I've been into gaming since I was a kid, but it never clicked in my head that people were still making games for Intellivision or Colecovision, etc.. I'd seen some hacks of Atari 2600 stuff, but again, it just never occurred to me.

Regardless, we both know now.

And, I don't underestimate GamesForYourIntellivision. I love that he's doing this, and though $70 is a little steep, I'm trying to support whatever I can. He's also sold me a good number of older Intellivision games and has been very fair. Whether he's making a profit or not is his business, but he's done his job with me, keeping me as a satisfied customer.

Finally, if you missed out originally, you only have yourself to blame. Like JasonlikeINTV, I missed out on the early releases. My fault, I wasn't collecting yet ... so if I really want those games, I have to pony up and pay extra for them.

Not collecting at the time is in no way a *fault* ........ collecting at the time and passing them up is a fault.

Not collecting at the time is in no way a *fault* ........ collecting at the time and passing them up is a fault.

I agree, I began collecting again last year in October (stopped collecting in mid to late 80s). It all started with reviving my Atari system and signing up here at Atari Age. I noticed the intellivison section and pulled out the intellivision system to play my favorite game D&D TOT. And that is how it got started for me last year. Learned about homebrews right here on this forum.

I have paid higher, but fair prices for the homebrews that I bought used. I would not pay $189 minimum bids that some on ebay are asking. I think I paid $100 max for each. I am very grateful there are a few that I still need that I can get at the MSRP.

Edited by SoulBuster

my favorite game D&D TOT

Another of my favorites. One thing I wish the game had was a meter to tell you how strong the monsters are. I think not knowing though is what makes the fights scary. Besides that, I can not think of anything else to make this game better.

Another of my favorites. One thing I wish the game had was a meter to tell you how strong the monsters are. I think not knowing though is what makes the fights scary. Besides that, I can not think of anything else to make this game better.

different colors are different difficulty. have you ever kept going without picking up the TOT, There are 256 levels and then you drop in at the top again.

different colors are different difficulty. have you ever kept going without picking up the TOT, There are 256 levels and then you drop in at the top again.

But of course! Is it not that you can get to 255 then it goes back to 1? The different colors do not tell you how much strength they have left though.

@ Dave

True...true...

It is awesome to see such young people enjoying the Intellivision!!! I am surprised you are not more interested in the newer games IP is releasing. What draws you to these older consoles? I think most of us love them because we grew up playing them. At least, that is my case.

I also have a PS3, but I do not collect for new systems. I am very much interessted in the history of videogames and the Intellivision was a pioneer in the early 80s. I also enjoy the simple gameplay (if we dont speak about games like Utopia or Tower of Doom... I dont really understand how to play them :lol: ), its relaxing to play. I like to play retro games, so I am very addicted to the SNES.

Its hard to explain, but I further interessted into retro systems than into new systems.

Its hard to explain, but I further interessted into retro systems than into new systems.

I think you explained it perfectly. The 2600 had some good games but the Intellivision took it to a new level. What I love most about the Intellivision was that the games are unique. The Coleco came out with arcade ports which, at the time, was great but I much rather play those games on my arcade system. Yes, the Inty had some ports but it was not their main focus. Interesting enough though, I have always enjoyed Burgertime on the Intellivision than the arcade or Colecovision. I still go back to the original games only on the Intellivision. Shark Shark is great. Biplanes is great when you have a second player (hhhmmm....) Baseball is the best I have every played. I do not care how great the graphics are on these new systems. The game play is awesome. And let us not forget Tennis :)

The games are simple but addicting. The list goes on and on.

Lol, I just sent David a message today about Night Stalker! Speed it up and add levels or change maps ;-)

I feel like GroovyBee with tons of projects on my plate. He is just a way better programmer :)

I will not discuss what I am working on until they are far enough along but my priority lies in a game for my daughter and things I love.

Here is something I was messing with though. Just for fun.

post-6868-0-21010400-1368141709.gif

• Like 3

Yeah, Asteroids would be cool. Also night stalker 2....whatever it could be called.

I also wod love some more Popeye levels, would that be hard for a programmer? Or to even rearrange existing levels?

Edited by revolutionika

How about a save feature for ToT! Too many times I'd be so far along and then bam...accidentally hit the reset button or knock the console and screen would go blank and I'd have to start all over again.

Edited by TrickyMoon

How about a save feature for ToT! Too many times I'd be so far along and then bam...accidentally hit the reset button or knock the console and screen would go blank and I'd have to start all over again.

I know what you mean. I have done that a few time. A save progress game on Tot , will be cool.

A new Intellivision console, with more powerful games and compatible with the old games . With Ecs and intellivoice compatiblitites, would be very sweet and a dream come true. Any takers. Groovy bee, Dave . Games for your intellivision. Rev. lol. :D. Maybe a kickstarter project for a new Intv console. Or a extension to the old system to play newer games.

Edited by atari5200dude82

A new Intellivision console, with more powerful games and compatible with the old games . With Ecs and intellivoice compatiblitites, would be very sweet and a dream come true. Any takers. Groovy bee, Dave . Games for your intellivision. Rev. lol. :D. Maybe a kickstarter project for a new Intv console. Or a extension to the old system to play newer games.

kevtris (also a member here) has an FPGA implementation of an Inty :-

I think he is open to licensing the FPGA core you need to get up and running with it.