IGNORED

Fun with FreeCAD

Just a little model I've been working on as an exercise for learning FreeCAD. I do NOT plan on making any matching boards, but I'd like to at least complete the case model(s) if I can. This one isn't ready yet, but it's mostly there.

post-7945-0-18495500-1368074387_thumb.png

post-7945-0-58611100-1368074543_thumb.png

Edited by JohnPCAE
  • Like 4

Or III's black and silver or cream colored Sears. Also I always though the original Intellivoice looked ugly in term of shape next to any Intellivision. Should have made it more rounded front to back rather than flat.

Now if someone would do ECS that matches the "fat" models.

• Like 1

3D printing is still not cheap. You're looking at a couple grand for a small machine. Plus depending on the plastic used, the finished product may not be as durable and can crack if dropped.

However if someone has one and can do it' I'd like a few clear shells please. I'm tired of plain black shells and clear (either true clear or colored clear) is rarely used in game cart. AFAIK GBC is the only platform that used clear shell regularly.

PS with the recent hype about printed gun that works, I wouldn't be surprised if you need a license to buy a 3D printer in the near future. Plastic gun with no internal grooving would make matching bullet harder plus it'd be easier to melt the evidence.

3D printing is still not cheap. You're looking at a couple grand for a small machine. Plus depending on the plastic used, the finished product may not be as durable and can crack if dropped.

However if someone has one and can do it' I'd like a few clear shells please. I'm tired of plain black shells and clear (either true clear or colored clear) is rarely used in game cart. AFAIK GBC is the only platform that used clear shell regularly.

PS with the recent hype about printed gun that works, I wouldn't be surprised if you need a license to buy a 3D printer in the near future. Plastic gun with no internal grooving would make matching bullet harder plus it'd be easier to melt the evidence.

I agree. The time will come though. If we make cart designs 3D printer friendly now the inevitable will happen. Gun filter or not :)

Making some progress on the top half, but there's still lots to do:

- Ribbed top with cooling vents (harder than it sounds since the corners all have to be rounded a little)

- Knob/dial/shaft cutout

- Expansion port cutout

- Separate knob/dial model

- Separate removable expansion port panel (ECS style)

post-7945-0-89962900-1368674384_thumb.png

• Like 1