IGNORED

3D Stooges work

sd32

Is there any chance that some of the 3D Stooges work will ever get shared with the Jag comunity. Some images, videos, even resources. I mean its been years since they cancelled their Jag stuff, it would be very cool by them if they shared anything at all.

I know the circmstances under which they left this froums, but a lot of time has gone by, so i said, "hey a should ask, maybe someone here close to Gorf and the guys knows if at one point they may accept to share something". Sure, they dont have to it all, and they are on their right not to do so.

Just wondering, its been a boring day, and have been remembering about Gorfs days on this forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance that some of the 3D Stooges work will ever get shared with the Jag comunity. Some images, videos, even resources. I mean its been years since they cancelled their Jag stuff, it would be very cool by them if they shared anything at all.

I know the circmstances under which they left this froums, but a lot of time has gone by, so i said, "hey a should ask, maybe someone here close to Gorf and the guys knows if at one point they may accept to share something". Sure, they dont have to it all, and they are on their right not to do so.

Just wondering, its been a boring day, and have been remembering about Gorfs days on this forums.

The short answer is No, after the ROM of Mad Bodies was apparently dumped only days after it's release they thought why bother putting time and money into making carts. It has be hinted that if anything is forthcoming it would probably only be to a limited few they could trust - shame really, particularly for those who miss out as some of the stuff they were working on was looking really good.

Edited by Stephen Moss

The short answer is No, after the ROM of Mad Bodies was apparently dumped only days after it's release they thought why bother putting time and money into making carts. It has be hinted that if anything is forthcoming it would probably only be to a limited few they could trust - shame really, particularly for those who miss out as some of the stuff they were working on was looking really good.

Don't you think the shame of being caught red handed stealing graphics and music from other games after having a rather vocal anti-piracy stance for 10 years had more to do with it? For shame!

• Like 5

Oh not this again...

If we're going to do this, let's do it properly as the real crux of the matter is being missed here, along with that selective amnesia regarding what actually took place.

The one single biggest mistake they ever made was taking anything Mr.Kizza fed them at face value: playing them for years, feeding them bullshit story after bullshit story and them unfortunately swallowing every last fibbing word of it (and yes, we're talking the very same Mr.Kizza who now sells bootleg/pirate copies of homebrews from the comfort of his forum, as he once did on eBay). His secret insider knowledge, his tales of hidden Jagware forums with CD images of Gorf for download, laughable tales of attempted back-hander bribes of pirate BSG carts to allow entry to his £30 weekend "JagFest" event, his unqualified insider knowledge of ROM dumping and warez dealing... and nobody questioning a single word of it, instead just lapping it up. Now why that occurred is anyone's guess, but the desire to be-right-on-the-internet is not to be underestimated and such convenient ammunition was quite likely a God-send. And the furore and backlash against the "JagCF" was definitely more fuel for the fire. What's not surprising in any of this is that 3DSSS and associates came out the other side of all that in a frenzy of paranoia and mistrust.

Everyone makes mistakes, such is life, but it's how go go forward that counts and this is where you will be measured and judged... continuing the paranoia and mistrusting the vast majority of a tiny scene is one way to play it... another would be to say "meh" to all that nonsense and follow a well-worn path that has been proven to work for everyone who has ever tried it - shove your stuff out for free as well as for sale and begin enjoying yourselves once again... ooh, but that couldn't work... surely! Hiding away in a corner or the Internets, playing secret squirrel covert ops and persisting in the name-calling, upsetting long-time Jaguar heroes to the point where they no longer wish to partake, all that stupid pettiness is beyond futile. Self-defeating idiocy is how I'd label it. Those kinds of actions are only going to end in misery and loneliness when the house of cards falls around you...

"Jaguar fans will go out of their way to support your efforts.

They're not sat waiting for an opportunity to screw you over and leave you in the red.

You can bring more people to the Jaguar by giving them more reasons to take a look, even 20 years after the Jaguar was born." Reboot, 2012.

Look at Dr.Typo - he's making the most impressive-looking games for the Jaguar. Is he in any way precious about them? Not at all - he puts them out and also gives away code. If he were to release his games on CD and/or cart, people would jump at the chance to own the official versions for their gaming collections. Does he lie awake at night worrying about petty nonsense? Quite probably not, more likely the only thing keeping him awake is the kind of coder brain that won't switch off thinking about the next great thing to write just for the hell of it!

You have to wake TFU and smell the coffee at some point... there's nothing very special or hallowed about what anyone is doing on the Jaguar, it's all for fun and personal pleasure... You're not Optimus Prime. You've not got God on your side. You're not waging a holy war against evil left-wing ideologists. You're not in any way the messiah of Jaguar gaming goodness. You're a man in your 50s with a head full of self-inflicted rage and anger. In the past and in years before I even took notice of the Jaguar scene, there has been so much time and effort wasted with pointless spats and it all seems to be down to a handful of individuals that have been uber-desperate to sit as King of Shit Mountain at any cost. Big fish in a small puddle of piss. Pathetic!

So, the question was... "Is there any chance that some of the 3D Stooges work will ever get shared with the Jag comunity" - it's hard to see that happening at this point. Apparently Terance has completed work on the Q-Bert-with-guns game "Mighty Frog", he's also made mention of "Flag Star", but his site is still under construction. If he plans to release those to a select few as Mr.Moss suggests, that's a shame, because games are made to be played and not as trophies for cabinets or things to be lauded over by elitist collectors. The Jaguar scene isn't as large as it once was, it's not growing every day, far from it. For there to be any kind of future we need more people like Typo upping the ante and showing the way. More people like LinkoVitch making it easier for games makers to crack on with making games, not reinventing the wheel. More people like Gaztee putting up his own money to help Jaguar collectors round out their collections with boxes for all those games. More people like GroovyBee working on new and original games and ports not afraid to put them out for everyone to try. More people like the triforce of SCPCD, ZeroSquare and Torlus who are dedicating much of their free time to making wonderful Jaguar-based hardware hacks and new developments, things that woudl make youe eyes spring from their sockets! And, yes, more people like Reboot giving people the tools and software to allow them to enjoy their Jaguars more and helping devs get on with the game making.

Drama is soooooo 2000s... put that nonsense behind you and enter the Jaguar's 20th year in a way that would have made it's creators and advocates proud, not an embarrassing dirty secret best forgotten.

Push the button.

• Like 12

Oh not this again...the button.

My thoughts exactly so why the rant on the topic? All I was doing was giving a simple answer to a simple question as I understand the current situation to be, notice that I said "apparently dumped" this is because at the time there was a lot of mud slinging going on in both directions and I never saw any evidence one way or the other and thus cannot say who was right or wrong. The fact remains that although it may change in the future at the moment for right or wrong the current situation is what it is, consequently can't people just accept it and move on without having to make unnecessary comments which drag all these tedious arguments up again for no good reason obscuring yet another topic in the process.

If they were to hire or enlist a sane person to communicate with the community and handle any releases then I'd welcome stuff from them.

Constant arguing, incoherent rambling, "pirates, pirates everywhere" and page after page of locked threads... Yes, I remember those days too, thankfully they're over. It's taken a couple of years of De-Stalinization but we are getting there. ;-)

• Like 7

Cant be too cautious around here...

The only thing I worry about is where to find the links to said piracy. I will be kinda ticked off if BlackOut! is on there... Anyone have any links or is this just a venting page?

As far as what devs do with their code/art/games? Up to them entirely. They can sell it, give it away for free, or only give it to a select few. Or all three! There are no rules :D

Jag_Slave, welcome to mod preview. Everyone else, fun's over.

EDIT: Anyone else who continues said lines of convo in here will get the same treatment, NO EXCEPTIONS.

• Like 1