IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2013 - Entries

skr

Find more details about X:8 in this blog post. Stay tuned to our Youtube Channel and Google+ page.

Is it just me, or do the diagonal bullets trigger no collision? :)

But it is still impressing to see that many sprites. Hope in the updated version thre will be more different flight paths and enemies with differnet hit-points.

Though I have to admit, I skipped some parts of the vid.

Is it just me, or do the diagonal bullets trigger no collision? :)

But it is still impressing to see that many sprites. Hope in the updated version thre will be more different flight paths and enemies with differnet hit-points.

Though I have to admit, I skipped some parts of the vid.

Yes diagonal not working now.

All is explained on the Blog.

Mainly there's three things missing to release after the Contest:

- diagonal shots that can hit the ground cannons

- some enemys can shoot

- a total of 8 large bosses and uggly creatures waves on a last level after you pass level8

You will not play with this untill the Contest but you can see all our updates at the X:8 Blog here at AA and on the YouTube channel.

• Like 1

That sounds like a ridiculous reality to me.

Not really, it's an absolutely normal situation. Having for example 50 languages in a translator, you would need to implement all 1225 possible combinations (pairs) of languages to translate everything directly.

It's much, much easier to make it indirect for majority of languages.

On a different note, does anyone know the date that they will be released on the ABBUC site?

And in advance, could I thank everyone for all their time and efforts for releasing your software and hardware through the site? It is great that this platform still has people releasing new stuff for it, and especially when you're not making any/much money from it.

• Like 1

You all know that we have many more things to add to X:8, so is there any problem if we post the new things on our game blog here at AA and new videos at YouTube as long, of course, we don't post the files?

Or any updates we can only show after the current version is voted and the ABBUC Meeting takes place in 26th of October?

Edited by José Pereira

You all know that we have many more things to add to X:8, so is there any problem if we post the new things on our game blog here at AA and new videos at YouTube as long, of course, we don't post the files?

Or any updates we can only show after the current version is voted and the ABBUC Meeting takes place in 26th of October?

I was thinking the same thing.

My opinion is NOT to post it before the results are made public.

It might manipulate the voting.

Lots of changes upcoming for "Heli in the Caves" as well. :P

Edited by Creature XL

also Xirius defect has many changes, more levels, more elements, more worlds, more animations, more colors, better music, sampled sfx, nonlinear story with 3 alternate endings, utilizing new graphics mode unknown to everybody.

-just kiding :grin:

I think you should keep your changes for yourself until voting ends.

• Like 1

i've just had a thought... is there any reason why i as a games journalist can't ask the various authors of entries for advance copies to review them in Retro Gamer at all? i have to write everything a few months in advance so it'd be nice to get a head start but i don't want to get myself and/or anyone else booted from the competition!

• Like 1

i've just had a thought... is there any reason why i as a games journalist can't ask the various authors of entries for advance copies to review them in Retro Gamer at all? i have to write everything a few months in advance so it'd be nice to get a head start but i don't want to get myself and/or anyone else booted from the competition!

Would be really cool to see Abbuc games reviewed in Retrogamer as the results come out.

You can trust respectable journalist like Jason, can't you ? ;)