IGNORED

ABBUC Software-Contest 2013 - Entries

skr

Please find the rules there: http://www.abbuc.de/atari/software-ressort

Your question is answered by topic 6:

6. Presentation through the author(s)

The authors(s) can present their programs before as well as after submission in any way

they like, e.g. videos, screenshots and/or short descriptions in the internet. The programs

themselves must not be published before the ABBUC annual meeting (JHV).

And the annual meeting 2013 is held on October 26th. On that meeting the votes will be counted and by the evening we know the rankings.

As the deadline arrived, we had a total of 15 submissions!

Many, many thanks to all participants! I really appreciate your efforts. Sadly enough I had to reject submission, as that game was commercially available for the Atari 8 Bit earlier. That´s the hardest thing to do and I am really not happy with it, as the author really put a lot of work into that game too. It would not have been such a problem if that game would have been commercially available only on OTHER platforms, but here the main code already was exisiting for the Atari. Again, I am really sorry.

So we have a huge competition with 14 entries and the president and me will have to do lots of copying... :)

• Like 1

This contest is very exciting. Although my WIP is going to be done before next years contest - I'm going to have to try and time something for the 2014 event!

The last contest I tried to enter was some Nokia event for Windows Phone last year, but at the last second they pulled all the prizes - so at the last second I pulled my entry as well.

But I'm not going to miss the next ABBUC - but for this year - I'm just so jealous of all the contestants and I've seen some really impressive work - kudos!

• Like 1

I’m happy to inform you that the manual for "The Hunt" is available also in a printable version on the website http://alamak0ta.webuda.com/thehunt.html

The recommended version for download is the "Booklet manual" for double-side printing. It fits on a single folded A4 page. Enjoy! :-)

Don't know if you know it, but there are some errors on the linked page.

post-3781-0-67286100-1378314258_thumb.png

This contest is very exciting. Although my WIP is going to be done before next years contest - I'm going to have to try and time something for the 2014 event!

The last contest I tried to enter was some Nokia event for Windows Phone last year, but at the last second they pulled all the prizes - so at the last second I pulled my entry as well.

But I'm not going to miss the next ABBUC - but for this year - I'm just so jealous of all the contestants and I've seen some really impressive work - kudos!

:thumbsup:

Looks like we might have even better games this year! I'm glad there is so much support, I think a lot of it is down to people (here) encouraging developers and helping out on the programming forum, plus suggesting improvements to their games. We could perhaps do with a getting started in programming for the A8 thread to encourage more still :)

So I have a head start on next year's contest :grin:

I’m happy to inform you that the manual for "The Hunt" is available also in a printable version on the website http://alamak0ta.webuda.com/thehunt.html

The recommended version for download is the "Booklet manual" for double-side printing. It fits on a single folded A4 page. Enjoy! :-)

Would you please post the manual's images in the forum?

I also offer myself to translate it into spanish -if you provide the original files.

Regards,

- Y -

Would you please post the manual's images in the forum?

I also offer myself to translate it into spanish -if you provide the original files.

Regards,

- Y -

I have reuploaded the manual:

A4 format manual (4 pages) - PDF, 4MB

which looks like that:

post-22831-0-00832100-1378457641_thumb.png

However for printing I recommend the following version:

Booklet manual for 1 double-sided printed page (folded A4) - PDF, 4MB

when printed:

post-22831-0-91884500-1378457627_thumb.jpg

Edited by ilmenit
  • Like 4

So many and great games.

Sadly a 15th one couldn't enter.

If I understand Skr we know that the reason was that it is an improvement of an already existance A8 games because it uses many of the original code.

I hope that the author(s) even sad to not enter the Contest will reveal soon what game it is and we can play it.

For me that together with the conversions from other Platforms also posted here many times ideas from what this or that game could/should had been on A8 or trying to get someone to code the remake it's always nice to see someone feeling the same as me.

Please, please put it to the public because now we have to suffer waiting almost two Months to play all these great games of the ABBUC Software Contest.

Thanks.

Edited by José Pereira

or just subscribe :-o and get to vote too ;)

I was expecting someone would say that specially you because of the recent promotion of ABBUC you've been doing here.

When I saw you had posted here I know what you wrote without the need to open it.

Don't take me wrong because of the soo many years and their always great job into the A8 comunity they deserve but now I cannot.

It's not only their anual 32? subscription but then I would need to buy a real machine, a drive, an old T.V. and sio2pc cable to get the games out there. At my present life situation I can't do this.

José, there is a download section for Abbuc members. There you have faster access to atr versions of all discs. So no need to worry not owning real hardware, if you're Abbuc member.

Don't understand me wrong: there is no chance to get the discs now.

Edited by pps

I don't know if the word subscription hits the point. ABBUC is a club, an association of people who love their atari 8 bit. With their membership fees (32 EUR per year) the club is able to support community activities, e.g. hire rooms for meetings, financial aid for hardware projects (for example Turbo Freezer), print club mags, give prizes for contests. This is much more than a subscription of a magazine. ABBUC is a nonprofit organization! All funds flow back to the atari community.

• Like 3