IGNORED

What are the best Multiplayer Colecovision games?

2 player games or to be exact 2 player-simultaneous or 2 player alternating is what they called them. Rocky (a boxing game of course).

Super Action Baseball was two player only.

I think Omega Race had some 2 player options like head to head etc.

Old terms that nobody uses today. :P

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

Rocky was a great 2 player game, The reason I bought the colecovision. I had the game & box months before I had a system to play it on.

It was a fun 2 player game except tor anyone playing against me. I am the master.

Baseball same thing. I got so good with the base running that I used to torture my friend by scoring run alter run by stealing bases. Once you get that spinner working it was all over

Foot ball was un playable tor most people. Just too steep a learning curve.

BIPLANE is a great 2 player game. Too bad I have never released it. I can't get it to compile in the new development kit. I'll have to finish it under the older dev kit.

I might not be unreasonable to assume I'm a bit biased, but this is my list, starting with the very best, and ending with the good ones:

Bankruptcy Builder

Cix (for some reason always transforms the real name into Ȼi̅x̅)

Cye

Schlange CV

Monster Masher

All of these have a simultaneous two-player mode that combines elements of competing and cooperating.

For the games that have an alternatin two-player mode, I prefer the ones that alternate after each level (instead of only after a player death), e.g.: Boulder Dash and the games from the Serch for the Stolen Crown Jewels series.

Philipp

Edited by PkK

Rocky was a great 2 player game, The reason I bought the colecovision. I had the game & box months before I had a system to play it on.

It was a fun 2 player game except tor anyone playing against me. I am the master.

I'd give you a run for your money on this one, but you'd probably triumph in the end... maybe. :mad:

Baseball same thing. I got so good with the base running that I used to torture my friend by scoring run alter run by stealing bases. Once you get that spinner working it was all over

Hmmm, it would be pretty tough to run the basepaths when you couldn't get a guy on base! Yes, I said that. If you didn't already know, there is a certain pitch that CAN NOT be hit and ALWAYS is called a strike. My father found this out the hard way when we used to play BITD.

SO... BRING IT!! :grin:

Foot ball was un playable tor most people. Just too steep a learning curve.

Couldn't agree with you more. A very tough game to master and I never gave it enough time.

Another game that I never played enough to make an educated decision about is Super Action Football (Soccer). That one hasn't been mentioned as a "2-Player Simultaneous" game.

BIPLANE is a great 2 player game. Too bad I have never released it. I can't get it to compile in the new development kit. I'll have to finish it under the older dev kit.

Best of luck with getting the issues solved and the game completed.