IGNORED

HSC Season #4 - Game 2 Dragonfire

Scores will be accepted until Thursday, May 30th, at Noon Central

Play can be done starting for any skill level.

Scores for Game - Dragonfire *FINAL*

1. Ignorama - 30,750 ( + 10 )
  2. Oscar G. - 17,270 ( + 9 )
  3. felson42 - 13,440 ( + 8 )
  4. WispFollower - 13,280 ( + 6 )
  5. cparsley - 12,560 ( + 4 )
  6. Liduario 12,160 ( + 2 )
  7. darthkur - 8,680 ( + 1 )
  8. JacobZu7 - 6,320 ( + 1 )
  9. roadrunner - 6,310 ( + 1 )
  10. mr_intv - 3,490 ( + 1 )
  11. jblenkle - 410 ( + 1 )

HSC LEADERBOARD - After 1 game

1. INTVDude - ( 10 )
  2. Ignorama - ( 9 )
  3. cparsley - ( 8 )
  4. JacobZu7 - ( 6 )
  5. Oscar G. - ( 4 )
  6. mr_intv - ( 2 )
  7. darthkur - ( 1 )
  8. felson42 - ( 1 )
  9. Liduario - ( 1 )
  10. RoadRunner - ( 1 )
  11. WispFollower - ( 1 )
  12. jblenkle - ( 1 )

Edited by cparsley

Is there a known issue with the game and european Intellivision consoles? I have two copies and both are crashing at a radom moment. Also if I could play to a good score, its a gambling to make screenshots for the competition.

I guess I have to play it on a emulator this time, but its really sad, I prefer the original hardware pretty much :(

Well, it seems that I am to stupid to use emulators. I downloaded jzintv, but it requires files from Intellivision Lives? If thats true I cant use this emulator, because I just own the Nintendo DS Version of the game. Then I tried Nostalgia and it seems to work, BUT I dont find a running ROM file of Dragonfire, so I cant play Dragonfire with Nostalgia.

So I have to play on my INTV and hope the game dont crashes. Its really strange, and it NEVER crashes in the treasure room, everytime it resets on the bridge. My actual Score is 7400, I'll post a picture later. I am a bit sad about these hardware problems, because I like the fast gameplay of Dragonfire very much.

7.680 - but its really annoying to start the game again and again :( If you take a closer look to my picture you surely recognize that there is no dragon at the bottom. Is it normal that the dragon becomes invisible (which means nearly invincible!) at a certain time? It changes the color every round and finally he is black like the background. Maybe another glitch on my console, or just normal?

51000890.jpg

It seems I found the problem. I am used to press the upper side button to make actions, in this case to jump, but the games doesnt like that. Since I use the lower side button I had not even one more crash. Maybe just coincedence, but I played often and long rounds, so I am pretty sure that this was the problem.

But the game depents pretty much to lady luck.

My last score for today: 10.380

df3r.jpg

yes it does, it rotates thru the INTV color palette for Dragon colors, and one of those colors just happens to be black, also being used for the foreground color. So he's there, the game is drawing him, hes just got visible as both colors match :) Pass him and the visible dragons will resume (for another 16 of em)