IGNORED

New game for Intellivision: Hover Bovver

Hello collectors and friends

Since it was already exposed in other thread in this forum, is now time to officially announce the next game from Elektronite!

The game is the very first official license since more than 20 Years to appear on Intellivision: licensed by Llamasoft, we are proud to present...

Hover Bovver

Hb

The original game has been developed for c64 and other classic platform by guru developer Jeff Minter.

The programmer who is converting the game to Intellivision is our beloved groovy

He is working on it since beginning of the Year and you may see some pictures of his very good job posted here soon.

• Like 13

OH MY GOD HOVER BOVVER! I love Hover Bovver. :thumbsup: Awesome choice of game, I'm sure it will be an absolute blast! Do you have to hold the disc down to move, so the mower accelerates, or will it be just single pushes?

It plays very much like the original versions with respect to the player control and how the neighbour, gardener and dog interact. The level layouts are similar too but I had to make some compromises due to the Inty way of doing things.

• Like 2

You were working on this too Groovy? Jeez... you're a monster! :-)

Well, compliments! I have loved Hover Bovver since I was 14 years old haha.

Box looks great, and checking the back of it, game is gonna be promising.

Aaargh! Lay off you beastly hound!

I just watched the C=64 video. I don't remember ever playing the game--even though I had a rather extensive C=64 game library of questionable origins. ;)

Nonetheless, it looks like an awesome game! I can't wait to see how it plays on the Intellivision.

-dZ.

Jeff Minter is a legend in his own time.

He started off on the Commodore computers in the early 80s, and had quirky games like Hover Bovver that featured Llammas and sheep, because he liked them, and called his company Llamma soft.

A 'Hover Bovver' is a floating lawnmower popular in the UK.

Jeff later went on to make 'Colour space' for the Atari 8 bit computers, which was like a 'light synthesizer' but really, you couldn't control it with anything but a Joystick...it needed a person to follow along to the music.....later, that morphed into the Virtual Light Machine on the Atari Jaguar...he developed 'Tempest 2000' on the Atari Jaguar. He has a big following....some of his most well known titles are 'Gridrunner' and 'Attack of the Mutant Camels'.......

When I sent Jeff the very first Intellivision emulator, before Intellivision Productions bought it, I had hoped that he would write Hover Bovver for the Intellivision. He DID start it, but only spent a short time on it and abandoned it. He did, however, give me permission to have it written. I have not been in a position until now, to commission its development.

I think you will agree that there has been a lot of care put into the design of the materials, and I am sure that Groovy Bee is going to put a good effort into the port. He has been looking at the Atari 8 bit code from my understanding.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
  • Like 1

I don't remember ever playing the game--even though I had a rather extensive C=64 game library of questionable origins. ;)

Nonetheless, it looks like an awesome game! I can't wait to see how it plays on the Intellivision.

-dZ.

Same here.......

Jeff Minter is a legend in his own time.

He started off on the Commodore computers in the early 80s, and had quirky games like Hover Bovver hat featured Llammas and sheep, because he liked them, and called his company Llamma soft.

A 'Hover Bovver' is a floating lawnmower popular in the UK.

Jeff later went on to make 'Colour space' for the Atari 8 bit computers, which was like a 'light synthesizer' but really, you couldn't control it with anything but a Joystick...it needed a person to follow along to the music.....later, that morphed into the Virtual Light Machine on the Atari Jaguar...he developed 'Tempest 2000' on the Atari Jaguar. He has a big following....some of his most well known titles are 'Gridrunner' and 'Attack of the Mutant Camels'.......

When I sent Jeff the very first Intellivision emulator, before Intellivision Productions bought it, I had hoped that he would write Hover Bovver for the Intellivision. He DID start it, but only spend a short time on it and abandoned it. He did, however, give me permission to have it written. I have not been in a position until now, to commission its development.

I think you will agree that there has been a lot of care put into the design of the materials, and I am sure that Groovy Bee is going to put a good effort into the port. He has been looking at the Atari 8 bit code from my understanding.

Thanks for the bio. I hadn't heard of Hove Bovver before, but I had heard of Llama Soft, Gridrunner, and Attack of the Mutant Camels. I can't wait for Groovy's version of Hover Bovver! :)