IGNORED

New game for Intellivision: Hover Bovver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a copy-paste of Elektronite's response from that other forum:

Well, he certainly seems to have a lot of bravado.

I wasn't going to say anything yet......but......

I fell for his 'shock and awe' reports of amazing programming feats.

He made amazing initial progress, and immediately started to lobby me for a 'milestone' payment of $2000 US which was due upon him completing '2 working levels'.

Upon payment of this $2000 US, he sent me a rom that was without sound, without an intro, cut scenes, music, dog AI, mower acceleration or mower overheating. He considered this '2 working levels'. Yeah, right.

He then announced 4 of his own Intellivision projects, 3 of which he took $40 pre payments from the Intellivision community on Atari Age. I estimate, in total, he has taken upwards of $14,000 US from the members of Atari Age, and has not delivered ANYTHING.

He promised delivery of Hover Bovver at the end of April, and I ended up printing boxes and overlays for thousands of dollars, because of his bogus promises.

Since then, I've been fed report after report of 'progress' and seen 'gifeos', but no actual rom to try.

He ignored every request I made to see the game during development, or told me 'it's almost done'.

Of course, I didn't know at the time that he wanted me to pay for the game in full before he would ever let me see the game.

He lobbied me for 'interim' payments of even more money before the game was complete, and when that didn't work, he told me it was finished, and even sent a video of the game.

I sent him a picture of the money.

Unfortunately, the video was not conclusive proof that the game was actually complete, or even competently programmed. I refused to send him thousands more on 'faith'. So, we are at a standoff.

I asked Curt about Mark on Atari Age PMs, and got snubbed as it being 'none of my business'. I sent a message to Greasy Bee and told him that if the situation was not resolved, I would go public with the matter. I was admonished by the owner of the site, and my character questioned. However, he offered to 'mediate' by taking the rom, and then passing the money on.

I welcomed the offer.

It has been a week now, and Greasy Bee has not even bothered to read my reply.

Albert's offer of mediation was fair, and surely Mark would want to be paid for the work done.

The mediation eliminates the trust issue. Surely, the only logical reason to ignore or refuse the offer would be if he did not have the complete game, as I feared.

It appears that he coaxed $2000 US out of me with a bunch of bogus promises and some minimal programming. All show, but no go.

I see that he has already added 'Hover Bovver' to his portfolio of incompleteness on his profile on Atari Age. You would think that he would be embarrassed about it, not PROUD of so many incomplete games.

I am convinced that I've been cheated, and have thousands of dollars tied up in this game.

There are a lot of 'Groovy Bee' sycophants on Atari Age who are telling people that he is a 'valued member of the community'.

I really find it dismaying that a guy who programs a bunch of demos up of potential games, seems to have more 'cred' (credibility) than someone who has a proven track record of producing Complete in the Box Intellivision games.

Sure, I've lost $2000 to this shyster, but the community as a whole has lost upwards of $14,000.

I can't believe that there are certain people who call me 'unprofessional' when I say that he should be finishing my game before the others he took money for. They tell me that he is 'in good standing', and that he has done nothing wrong. Indeed, they encourage people to believe his lies that there was no deadline on finishing 'Hover Bovver'.

I have evidence that shows he admits that there is an end of April 2013 deadline. Yet, he lies in the Atari Age forums, and they eat up his BS.

The evidence is right before your eyes. If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, well, it probably is a duck.

Oh and heres a video of the game in action :-

I've made that video public now (it was unlisted previously).

I'll explain the whole sordid affair in a separate thread.

I think that's long overdue given the one-sided nature of what was posted in the Rocketeer thread by a third party.

...I sent him a picture of the money...

...Greasy Bee...

Classy.

Ruh Roh... I just noticed this post was taken from Kizza/The_Laird's forum. Things are starting to add up now...so, the usual suspects sowing the seeds and fanning the flames? Have to say it's an astoundingly bizarre place to go on such a rant, such a tiny little backwater nomark site infested with all kinds of former and now banned AA members.

Ruh Roh... I just noticed this post was taken from Kizza/The_Laird's forum. Things are starting to add up now...so, the usual suspects sowing the seeds and fanning the flames?

Well since his amazing claim to fame, and the basis for his five man chat room (oh I meant forum) is copy and pasting the entire rest of the internet - at least that first part is fitting.

• Like 1