IGNORED

New game for Intellivision: Hover Bovver

Closest I got to Hover Bovver was Mowen Man on the Aquarius and "the one a certain someone didn't write" on the Speccy. Hopefully GB will have his inty at some show soon and I'll be able to go along and try some of his stuff out in person after completely failing to at AC last month.

• Like 3

Closest I got to Hover Bovver was Mowen Man on the Aquarius and "the one a certain someone didn't write" on the Speccy. Hopefully GB will have his inty at some show soon and I'll be able to go along and try some of his stuff out in person after completely failing to at AC last month.

I was hoping to make it to Retro Revival this weekend but thats not going to be possible now.

Gaztee was hogging the Inty at AC so you wouldn't have got a look in :lol:.

• Like 1

Shame you cant make it Groovybee as I'll be there flying the homebrew flag for the 2600,Inty and coleco.

Looking forward to this one. Jeff' Minters a nice bloke and I've met him a few times to a chat..really into retro gameplay so bet he'd love this.

I'll get another wedge of dosh ready then :-)

Minter is one of my idols when speaking videogames. Also one of the few people that preserve his original vision of the gaming experience.

hove bovver remind me good times with my c64 and a period of life without the stress of today: it's one reason for making (and play) retro!

Today we have big companies that are often hostile to retro collectors, so we hare happy to have Minter in the positive side for Intellivision games...

OH MY GOD HOVER BOVVER! I love Hover Bovver. :thumbsup: Awesome choice of game, I'm sure it will be an absolute blast! Do you have to hold the disc down to move, so the mower accelerates, or will it be just single pushes?

Cebus, sadly for you Rev and I have already bought ALL of the copies of this game and, as a result, you will have to plead and beg us to get a copy. Also, now that we know you love this game, we will be charging a ridiculous premium. :)

Hover Bovver 2: Grand Theft Flymo

http://www.mobygames.com/game/hover-bovver-2-grand-theft-flymo

Ahahahaha is this a real sequal?

So I suppose the lawn mower genre is one of those very British, but hugely popular genres on the island? :)

Aah, the unique cultural differences. Like old German games mostly devoid of graphics, instead focusing on managing ressources text-only.^^

• Like 2

So I suppose the lawn mower genre is one of those very British, but hugely popular genres on the island? :)

Aah, the unique cultural differences. Like old German games mostly devoid of graphics, instead focusing on managing ressources text-only.^^

Heh, and old Japanese card-based games with cute Pokemon-like characters amidst naked nubile girls. LOL!

• Like 1

I'll see what I can do later today.

Cool! I dont think there has been on official screen shot released yet? I've seen the back of the box so i guess that is it. :-)

Will this game release in 2013? :-)

Here is a gifeo of game play :-

post-21935-0-33180500-1368979301_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

The gifeo shows me playing badly and losing two lives :lol: but you can see how the Gardener, Neighbour and Dog NPCs behave. The Dog AI is a bit buggy at the moment because he doesn't change direction often enough. That'll be balanced out when I add a couple more game play features.

Many thanks to nonner242 for the animated mower collection dude.

• Like 2

Are you going to have the mower going into warp speed after heading in a given direction for a second or so? That really seems to make the other versions I've watched.

Yep! Its another thing on the list of things to be added.

• Like 1