IGNORED

Altirra 2.30 released

phaeron

I found this old topic when I was looking around for quick state save/load keyboard shortcuts on Altirra. Has this ever been implemented?

(Copied here since I don't frequent the "AtariAge Forums→ Gaming General→ Emulation" much)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/153394-altirra-save-states-for-atari-8-bit-machines/?do=findComment&comment=2853858

I found this old topic when I was looking around for quick state save/load keyboard shortcuts on Altirra. Has this ever been implemented?

(Copied here since I don't frequent the "AtariAge Forums→ Gaming General→ Emulation" much)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/153394-altirra-save-states-for-atari-8-bit-machines/?do=findComment&comment=2853858

TOOLS

Keyboard Shortcuts..

Works great! Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know where the Quick Save State file is stored?

Memory only state...

But there is a Save and Load State also that saves or loads to/from a specified user given location.

I am using the most current Beta 2.40.test22

Edited by rdea6

Memory only state...

But there is a Save and Load State also that saves or loads to/from a specified user given location.

I am using the most current Beta 2.40.test22

Thanks for the info -> "Memory only state...".

I also use the latest beta version for my main use. If I spot an unexpected issue in the latest beta version then I will revert back to the last stable and/or the previous beta version(s) to investigate the issue.

Hi Phaeron,

Thanks for fixing the P: handler.

I have a couple of requests regarding the R: emulation. These are basically issues I'm running into while working on Ice-T.

If "Emulate Telnet protocol" is disabled, I expect the R: device to be able to send and receive any data transparently. However this is not the case: while the emulated Atari can receive any byte, it cannot send out a 0xFF.

As for the Telnet emulation, I wish it could be improved a bit. First, it doesn't identify as a terminal type (there ought to be a drop-down like in APE with the options "Do not identify", "VT-52", "VT-100", "VT-102", "ANSI"). As a result of this, when Telnetting to a Linux shell various programs refuse to run (such as Emacs) unless you set the terminal type manually (e.g. export TERM=vt102). See below for a reference on how this negotiation looks like.

Another problem with the Telnet emulation is that it doesn't handle escape sequences properly; for example if the host sends the sequence FF FF the Atari is supposed to receive just an FF, and if the second byte is anything else then it should be interpreted as a command (which can probably safely be ignored, but the Atari isn't supposed to receive anything). Also apparently if the Atari sends a FF it should be translated to FF FF. As a result of this problem, occasional garbage characters are received and file transfers such as Xmodem (which require 8-bit transparency) fail. I've tried other Telnet clients such as Tera Term and had no problems so this is definitely solvable at the Telnet level.

Here is a dump (with some commentary) of Altirra's and APE's initial Telnet negotiation with a Ubuntu host, where Altirra refuses to identify and APE identifies as VT100.

Telnet Negotiation on Altirra:

Ubuntu:  ff fd 18  ff fd 20  ff fd 23  ff fd 27
	Start use: term type, term speed, X location, env.option
Altirra: ff fc 18  ff fc 20  ff fc 23  ff fc 27             
	Won't use any of the above
Ubuntu:  ff fb 03  ff fd 01  ff fd 1f  ff fb 05  ff fd 21
	Will use Supress GA, Start use Echo, 1f. Will use 05, Start use 21.
Altirra: ff fd 03  ff fc 01  ff fc 1f  ff fe 05  ff fc 21
	Start use Supress GA, Won't use Echo, 1f. Stop use 05. Won't use 21.
Ubuntu:  ff fb 01                                         
	Will use Echo.
Altirra: ff fd 01            
	Start use Echo.

Telnet Negotiation on APE:

Ubuntu:  ff fd 18  ff fd 20  ff fd 23  ff fd 27            
	Start use: term type, term speed, X location, env.option
APE:     ff fb 18  ff fc 20  ff fc 23  ff fc 27                                                
	Will use term type. Won't use any of the others.
Ubuntu:  ff fa 18 01 ff f0
	Subnegotiate Term type, 1, end subnegotiation
APE:     ff fa 18 00 56 54 31 30 30 ff f0           
	Subnegotiate Term type, 0, "VT100", end subnegotiation
Ubuntu:  ff fb 03  ff fd 01  ff fd 1f  ff fb 05  ff fd 21
	Will use Supress GA, Start use Echo, 1f. Will use 05, Start use 21.
APE:     ff fd 03  ff fc 1f  ff fe 05  ff fc 21
	Start use Supress GA, Won't use 1f, Stop use 05, Won't use 21
Ubuntu:  ff fb 01                                         
	Will use Echo.
APE:     ff fd 01                                         
	Start use Echo.

Thank you!

Edited by itaych
  • Like 1

Hi Phaeron, one sugestion...

what about changing icons of associated files in altirra?

I use only XEX and ATR, but those icons are not nice (no offense) :)

I'm sure somebody here will be able to design something better, there are several pixelmasters here on AA.

I would suggest something like this:

9s3w9j.png

...its similar to a800win.