IGNORED

nanochess' Colecovision collection

• 3 years later...

Congratulations.

Thank you!

I had about half of the library (new, sealed in box) but sold them years ago to free up room.

Wow! Sealed!!! Now completing a sealed collection would be something really hard. Maybe it was for the better.

And thinking it, there's a chance I bought Evolution from you. I've opened it :grin:!

• 11 months later...
On 6/18/2013 at 3:15 PM, Pixelboy said:

That's funny, I'm also a fan of SwordQuest. The games themselves are admittedly terrible, but there's something weirdly magical and magnetic about them, which I can't really explain. Maybe it's the in-game mechanic of discovering items in secret rooms, picking them up and dropping them off in other rooms to get some kind of reward. A crude mechanic, but unique in its own way. :)

Today, I'm in the mood to let you all in on a little secret: I've been thinking of remaking the SwordQuest series on the ColecoVision for several years. It's like a little holy grail for me, much like doing Zelda on ColecoVision is a holy grail of J-F. I envision these SwordQuest remakes as isometric games which draw more inspiration from the SwordQuest comics than the actual Atari games.

Below are some VERY old mockups I did, according to an old, obsolete vision I once had of the remakes. If I were to do the SwordQuest remakes today, they would be very different. They would still use isometric graphics, but the rooms would have a LOT more content, and the end result woud look something like a simplified version of the NES game "Solstice".

I may never get around to actually doing these proposed SwordQuest remakes on ColecoVision, but the desire to do them is definately there. :)

post-7743-0-54464000-1371582793_thumb.png

It looks like I was living under a rock for all these years, since it's the very first time I see these mockups
Luc, you have to make those! That would be awesome!