IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Princess Rescue is now available for purchase!

You can purchase a copy of the game with just the cartridge and 16 page manual, or you can pre-order a version that includes a professionally printed box. Only 100 boxed copies will be available, and I expect them to ship around July 1st. The copies with just the cart and manual will ship right away. The boxes are at the printers now, but they are being printed in Europe, so it takes several weeks for them to arrive once they've been shipped.

Princess Rescue - Boxed Pre-Order

Princess Rescue - Cart & Manual

large_1017_2600_PrincessRescue_6.jpg

large_1017_2600_PrincessRescue_7.jpg

large_1017_2600_PrincessRescue_8.jpg

large_1017_2600_PrincessRescue_1.jpg

large_1017_2600_PrincessRescue_2.jpg

..Al

• Like 7

I try to pay with my gift certificate and it still forces me to choose Paypal or credit card.. how do I move past that?

Are you entering the Gift Certificate on this page, after you've started the checkout process?

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 9.43.09 AM.png

Ignore the "coupon code" field that appears when viewing your shopping cart (before you've started the checkout process). If you're entering the gift certificate code on the above page and it's not letting you proceed, what's happening?

Thanks,

..Al

Are you entering the Gift Certificate on this page, after you've started the checkout process?

post-3-0-19071300-1369147431_thumb.png

Ignore the "coupon code" field that appears when viewing your shopping cart (before you've started the checkout process). If you're entering the gift certificate code on the above page and it's not letting you proceed, what's happening?

Thanks,

..Al

I leave the coupon code blank. I'm at the page you pictured above. Either credit card or Paypal and continue lead to trying to process the order via Paypal/Credit card. The gift certificate field is filled in with the gift certificate code you gave me.

UPDATE: Tried plain old Internet Explorer with same results.

Albert put me down for the boxed product. When I do buy homebrew I like the full package when possible. Smart move on the boxed and loose though. Didn't think about that :)

For the record, I do the bulk of my gaming via emulation and look forward to the electronic release down the road for use in Stella/MESS. I own a couple of 4-switch Woody's and a Harmony cart too. However, this SMB port for the 2600 is just too good and too much irony to not see the actual cart inserted in the 2600 in person.

It's almost like Bizzaro world...lol.

That is why I have purchased the lose cart/manual and boxed version as well. Typically I would have settled for one boxed copy (Like I did for Boulder Dash).

People are still making Atari games? That's awesome, how long does it take to write the code? How long to learn the code? I'm a software developer myself, this sounds like it could be fun.

Oh and I ordered a boxed copy. Thanks!

Our very own Sprybug made this in BASIC.

Maybe you could remake Zelda and call it Princess Rescue II :)

People are still making Atari games? That's awesome, how long does it take to write the code? How long to learn the code? I'm a software developer myself, this sounds like it could be fun.

Oh and I ordered a boxed copy. Thanks!

Oh a lot of that depends. I'll throw you my history and maybe it'll help you figure it out. I first got involved in computers when I was 8 with the class' TRS-80 Color Computer 2. I learned how to program in BASIC a year later. Since then I've made a lot of programs and games with BASIC, C++, Javascript, etc. If you already know how to program with a language, your learning curve should be pretty quick. With the Atari you can program in Assembly, something I have yet to really get the hang of, or with a interpreter such as Batari BASIC, which is what I used to make this game. One thing is certain, you should have a good idea how the ATARI works and does it's "thing" so you can plan out your limitations and how to make your code really efficient because it is going to have to be. There are a lot of forum posts out there on pretty much everything I mentioned so just read around and start experimenting!

• Like 1

I added "boxed "and started to check out, then thought why not add the "cart only" too.

After checkout I realised they will probably both ship at once, July.

Totally okay with that, as I tested the program a bit and made some suggestions.

Reminder: Make 2 orders if you want both AND want the cart to ship before the boxed copy!

I added "boxed "and started to check out, then thought why not add the "cart only" too.

After checkout I realised they will probably both ship at once, July.

Totally okay with that, as I tested the program a bit and made some suggestions.

Reminder: Make 2 orders if you want both AND want the cart to ship before the boxed copy!

PayPal $3.50 to sales@atariage.com and I'll ship you the "cart only" copy of the game tomorrow (please include your order number in the payment). :)

..Al