IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Must every new game thread eventually digress into this same discussion.

First a new homebrew game is announced. People are happy. Then somebody brings up copyright issues again.

It gets released on cart. People are happy. Then somebody sells their copy on ebay and the same reselling discussion comes up again.

Move along people. There is nothing new to say on these subjects.

• Like 3

Must every new game thread eventually digress into this same discussion.

First a new homebrew game is announced. People are happy. Then somebody brings up copyright issues again.

It gets released on cart. People are happy. Then somebody sells their copy on ebay and the same reselling discussion comes up again.

Move along people. There is nothing new to say on these subjects.

Says someone flipping every game on eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=uberarcade&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Says someone flipping every game on eBay: http://feedback.ebay...eedbackAsSeller

Great detective work Sherlock! You actually took the time to look me up on ebay. Yes, I have been selling off the majority of my game collection this year to fund my iphone game projects, but I have held on to the Colecovision and 7800 stuff for now in case you are wondering. Developing games can be very expensive. That still doesn't add anything useful to the conversation. This is just taking attention away from the awesome game of Princess Rescue.

• Like 2

Guys, the dude may have had intentions or may not. He's not breaking any rules by selling it on eBay. However, if I suddenly became in desperate need of cash, I would likely do the same, only I'd sell mine in the forums with only a modest markup. It wouldn't be $150 though. High-ball amounts such as these just shows the person who bought the game initially with the intention of flipping it. But I'll reiterate: the early bird gets the worm, and those forum members who had a chance to get said product didn't while it was available. It is gone, and currently the only option to obtain one is to pay high prices on eBay. This is not news, folks. Buying low and selling high occurs within every collection-type hobby. I'm pretty sure the CIB Air Raid that sold for over $33,000 (I can't remember the exact amount) was originally purchased for some low dollar amount, same goes for a Spiderman comic #1 (which probably sold for 25 or 50 cents back in the day).

Edited by stardust4ever

First, nobody here buy that copy on eBay for $150. I do have more boxed copies, due to an issue that came up when printing the first run of boxes. In fact, I have 100 more boxes, and I was not expecting to have them (so I never planned on having 200 boxes available). I will make half of these boxes available on AtariAge, and the other half will be made available at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in early October. If you want a boxed copy, send me a PM. I may put some on eBay myself, but not for $150.

..Al

• Like 4

First, nobody here buy that copy on eBay for $150. I do have more boxed copies, due to an issue that came up when printing the first run of boxes. In fact, I have 100 more boxes, and I was not expecting to have them (so I never planned on having 200 boxes available). I will make half of these boxes available on AtariAge, and the other half will be made available at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in early October. If you want a boxed copy, send me a PM. I may put some on eBay myself, but not for $150.

..Al

Al, has my order shipped yet?

Al, has my order shipped yet?

If you haven't gotten an email from the store, either your order hasn't shipped yet, or your email may have been marked as spam. If you PM me with your order number or the name you used to place the order, I can look it up for you. There are only a handful of boxed Princess Rescues that haven't shipped yet, and some recent loose copies that haven't shipped as well. I plan on having them all out tomorrow morning.

..Al

• Like 1

If you haven't gotten an email from the store, either your order hasn't shipped yet, or your email may have been marked as spam. If you PM me with your order number or the name you used to place the order, I can look it up for you. There are only a handful of boxed Princess Rescues that haven't shipped yet, and some recent loose copies that haven't shipped as well. I plan on having them all out tomorrow morning.

..Al

PM sent!

..Al

This was the thing I was talking about a li'l while ago, I just wanted Albert to announce it first.

• Like 1

..Al

:evil:

I wasn't going to say anything, but I really am a bit confused. I thought this was a limited edition release of 100 boxes only, with the cart-only copies to be produced in unlimited numbers?

post-29022-0-40152000-1374877642_thumb.png

Based on that, I bought two copies...one to play and the other for my sealed collection. I guess I was mistaken. Oh well...so much for getting something exclusive in exchange for supporting the hobby? :?

I am sure there are folks here who missed out on the "first run", and I am happy that you will have a chance to get a boxed copy now. I just feel like it was completely misrepresented when it was offered as a limited edition pre-order. I made it a priority to not miss the boat and paid well in advance, so I am just a bit surprised.

Based on that, I bought two copies...one to play and the other for my sealed collection. I guess I was mistaken. Oh well...so much for getting something exclusive in exchange for supporting the hobby? :?

You still have something exclusive, so there are 200 boxes instead of 100. This is still less than most of the boxed games I have offered, which have typically been 250-300 boxed copies of a game. My original intent was to only have 100 boxes, but I now have another 100 boxes, so I'd prefer not to just sit on them (or destroy them). This is why I don't generally number games, as I'm not a big fan of creating artificial rarities.

I am sure there are folks here who missed out on the "first run", and I am happy that you will have a chance to get a boxed copy now. I just feel like it was completely misrepresented when it was offered as a limited edition pre-order. I made it a priority to not miss the boat and paid well in advance, so I am just a bit surprised.

This second batch of boxes is slightly different than the first batch. Printing is the same, but the physical box is slightly different. It's the same as the Moon Cresta 7800 box for anyone who has one of those.

I wish I had known I would have 200 boxes instead of 100, as I've sold a bunch of loose carts to people who probably would have purchased a box copy. If I had known, I would have pre-sold 200 copies instead of the 100, as that certainly would have been simpler for me!

..Al

• Like 2

You still have something exclusive, so there are 200 boxes instead of 100. This is still less than most of the boxed games I have offered, which have typically been 250-300 boxed copies of a game. My original intent was to only have 100 boxes, but I now have another 100 boxes, so I'd prefer not to just sit on them (or destroy them). This is why I don't generally number games, as I'm not a big fan of creating artificial rarities.

This second batch of boxes is slightly different than the first batch. Printing is the same, but the physical box is slightly different. It's the same as the Moon Cresta 7800 box for anyone who has one of those.

I wish I had known I would have 200 boxes instead of 100, as I've sold a bunch of loose carts to people who probably would have purchased a box copy. If I had known, I would have pre-sold 200 copies instead of the 100, as that certainly would have been simpler for me!

..Al

Either way, I was just a bit put off. Between pre-ordering two copies of what I thought would be limited to 100 only, and then not receiving the promised 5% subscriber discount, this felt like it was a rather disingenuous transaction. That said, I guess when you are the only game in town, you can bend the rules a bit. :roll: I know that if it was me selling this, and I did the same things to my customers, the pitchforks and torches would be out in full force...just saying.

• Like 1