IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Either way, I was just a bit put off. Between pre-ordering two copies of what I thought would be limited to 100 only, and then not receiving the promised 5% subscriber discount, this felt like it was a rather disingenuous transaction. That said, I guess when you are the only game in town, you can bend the rules a bit. :roll: I know that if it was me selling this, and I did the same things to my customers, the pitchforks and torches would be out in full force...just saying.

Unfortunately, the store accounts are not directly tied to the forum accounts, so I have to update your account in the store manually if you have a subscription. I will refund you the 5% difference.

So it makes a big difference to you that there will be 200 boxed copies out there instead of 100? If it upsets you that much, I'd be glad to refund you what you paid for the games if you send them back to me.

..Al

Unfortunately, the store accounts are not directly tied to the forum accounts, so I have to update your account in the store manually if you have a subscription. I will refund you the 5% difference.

So it makes a big difference to you that there will be 200 boxed copies out there instead of 100? If it upsets you that much, I'd be glad to refund you what you paid for the games if you send them back to me.

..Al

Nope..I'm happy to keep them. I just wanted you to know that I feel that the exclusivity of this release was falsely represented in your OP...that is, if you are concerned about how folks view your business practices. . I am sure there are others here (and there are) who feel the same, and just won't say anything.

When I read the "only 100 boxed copies will be available" statement I took it as "I don't plan on making more" rather than a statement of exclusivity, because AtariAge productions have never been marketed that way. Re-reading it, I can see how you took it, though.I can understand some frustration, but I think at least it will not be worth less than you paid for it at any point in the near future. If Al just wanted to money whore this, I really think he could sell 100 of them per show to the NES-cetric crowds.

Nope..I'm happy to keep them. I just wanted you to know that I feel that the exclusivity of this release was falsely represented in your OP...that is, if you are concerned about how folks view your business practices. . I am sure there are others here (and there are) who feel the same, and just won't say anything.

I never intended to make more than 100 boxed copies, not because I was trying to artificially limit them, but because I only ordered 100 boxes, along with 100 boxes for several other games (I posted a photo back of prototype boxes for those six games). Boxes are expensive to produce, which is why I don't produce boxes for most homebrew games. I now have 200 boxes for each of these games, which was never intended. Should I just sit on those Princess Rescue boxes and not sell them?

I really don't appreciate your statements that I was trying to mislead people. I didn't intentionally order another run of boxes because the first batch of them sold so well. It's still "exclusive' in that there will only be 200 boxes. Come some years down the road if you want to sell one or both copies of your game, I doubt the price will be much different just because there are 200 of these boxed games instead of 100. I'm not producing these boxed games because I hope collectors can get an inflated value down the road. I'm selling them because I enjoy making boxed copies of games available when I can, since they are more "complete" and truer to the original releases back in the day. If price wasn't an issue, I'd offer boxed copies of these games indefinitely.

..Al

• Like 1

I really don't appreciate your statements that I was trying to mislead people.

..Al

Nothing I said was false, so you don't really need to "appreciate" anything. I am just stating the facts and letting you know how I feel about it. Would you rather I just not say anything to you at all? The game was sold as a limited edition pre-order (that's what "Only 100 Boxed copies" means). If you don't appreciate that I pointed that out, you shouldn't have advertised it as such. That's business 101.

Nothing I said was false, so you don't really need to "appreciate" anything. I am just stating the facts and letting you know how I feel about it. Would you rather I just not say anything to you at all? The game was sold as a limited edition pre-order (that's what "Only 100 Boxed copies" means). If you don't appreciate that I pointed that out, you shouldn't have advertised it as such. That's business 101.

Sorry that's so important to you, glad not everyone's a killjoy.

..Al

If you haven't gotten an email from the store, either your order hasn't shipped yet, or your email may have been marked as spam. If you PM me with your order number or the name you used to place the order, I can look it up for you. There are only a handful of boxed Princess Rescues that haven't shipped yet, and some recent loose copies that haven't shipped as well. I plan on having them all out tomorrow morning.

..Al

My spam box has nothing in it from AtariAge (well, there's the usual XXX, Canadian Pharmaceutical, and "You have been preapproved for a $$$ loan; just send us your bank details" crap, but no AA shipping notifications). And the PM I sent Albert yesterday afternoon remains unread. :roll:

I think it's a good thing that Albert recieved extra boxes, as I've never been fond of limited releases. I don't collect for rarity or resale value; I collect to play games. Also now that there's an official PAL version of Princess Rescue, more people from across the pond will have the chance to own a CIB copy. ;)

To avoid confusion, maybe future announcements could be changed from "Only 100 boxed copies will be available . . ." to "Only 100 boxed copies are available at this time. More could be available in the future depending on high demand or a miscommunication with the company that creates the boxes." That should cover just about everything.

• Like 3

I think it's a good thing that Albert recieved extra boxes, as I've never been fond of limited releases. I don't collect for rarity or resale value; I collect to play games.

That is what the "cart only" version is for...so people can play them. Those carts were not to be limited in any way, so then what exactly is the point of your statement above?

That is what the "cart only" version is for...so people can play them. Those carts were not to be limited in any way, so then what exactly is the point of your statement above?

You contradict yourself. Why have you bought two boxed copies then?

I also don't see how more boxes affect your boxed copies down the road. It only affects those who flipped the game as fast as Albert shipped them.

You contradict yourself. Why have you bought two boxed copies then?

I also don't see how more boxes affect your boxed copies down the road. It only affects those who flipped the game as fast as Albert shipped them.

Not that my collecting habits are anyone's business, I will repeat what I said before...I wanted one copy I can open, handle and enjoy, and one which stays sealed on my shelf.

As for seeing how an additional 100 boxes affects my boxed copies, it makes them twice as common as one from a lot of 100. No one needs to agree with me here...I just don't appreciate having something sold as "limited to 100 boxed copies", and then deciding to sell 100 more when there is demand. IMHO, it was a false statement. Who is to say that there won't be 100 more when those sell out?

I have no problem with unlimited runs...I actually prefer them. It means I do not feel compelled to buy two copies, just so I won't regret it at a later date.

I normally don't collect CIB, since most of my collection of vintage games is loose anyway. However, I am a very big fan of Super Mario Brothers (can you tell by my avatar, with the custom Mario dice sculpture I made?), so I made an exception this one time by buying two copies, a loose cart to play and a CIB to collect, especially because the box art is so unique. Is that such a crime? You do realize there are people out there who hoard sealed games (and these "collectors" can't even play them because it would hurt their value to open the box), but I don't hear anyone complaining about it.

EDIT: Why do I even have to justify myself for getting a spare PR when you openly admit to buying two CIB copies? :roll:

Edited by stardust4ever

Either way, I was just a bit put off. Between pre-ordering two copies of what I thought would be limited to 100 only, and then not receiving the promised 5% subscriber discount, this felt like it was a rather disingenuous transaction. That said, I guess when you are the only game in town, you can bend the rules a bit. :roll: I know that if it was me selling this, and I did the same things to my customers, the pitchforks and torches would be out in full force...just saying.

Benny, originally he had JUST 100, the other 100 was more of a surprise. It wasn't like he had planned to do it this way all along. Still 200 in total out for the whole world is a very very small number. The original 100 will still be a collector's thing because there is a difference between the first 100 and these other 100.

• Like 1

Who is to say that there won't be 100 more when those sell out?

I'm not going to order more boxes once those are exhausted. I didn't order more boxes when the first 100 sold out. I already explained that above, but you're free to ignore it if it means taking another jab at me.

..Al

My spam box has nothing in it from AtariAge (well, there's the usual XXX, Canadian Pharmaceutical, and "You have been preapproved for a $$$ loan; just send us your bank details" crap, but no AA shipping notifications). And the PM I sent Albert yesterday afternoon remains unread. :roll:

My tracking email just arrived; thanks Al... :-D

So, this is my point of view as a collector that has every intention of having my Atari stuff till i'm ashes in my race bikes gas tank. There is some, be it minor, difference in the box per Albert. If you look through collector guides for anything, Atari or other, that would be a "variation", some games the copy rite date is the only difference. And yet the value/rarity is affected? So there are two versions (not counting PAL) of this awesome game. How is this bad? I want a variant box too!!!!

I'm not going to order more boxes once those are exhausted. I didn't order more boxes when the first 100 sold out. I already explained that above, but you're free to ignore it if it means taking another jab at me.

..Al

I am not ignoring anything you have said. As I have stated...over and over...I was not happy with how this was sold as a limited run in the first place. You can choose to ignore me Al, but since my first post, you never once even attempted to say anything along the lines of an "oops" or "sorry...my mistake". You just keep trying to explain how your actions are justified by the fact that there was a "mixup" at the printer (and, keep in mind, I have to take that story on "your word"). Call it what you will...your OP was 100% misleading.

Guys, guys, you're forgetting! CPUWIZ IS LEAVING!

Celebrate good times, come on

(Let's celebrate)

Celebrate good times, come on

(Let's celebrate)

There's a party goin' on right here

A celebration to last throughout the years

So bring your good times

And your laughter too

We gonna celebrate your party with you

• Like 1