IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I don't see why... what if those 100 people ordered loose copies on purpose?

What about PAL carts buyers which are more likely to ask for boxes?

It's fair to give them the option to buy a box first. They don't have to buy one if they don't want one. Also, weren't the boxes originally offered to NTSC and PAL orders?

Edited by BILLYonaire

It's fair to give them the option to buy a box first. They don't have to buy one if they don't want one. Also, weren't the boxes originally offered to NTSC and PAL orders?

No. PAL version was only recently developed. No mention of a PAL version ever being available was made prior to the boxed copies selling out. Yet 12 boxed copies were swapped over to PAL version. It would likely have sold out much faster and demand would have been higher if the PAL version had been available from day one.

No. PAL version was only recently developed. No mention of a PAL version ever being available was made prior to the boxed copies selling out. Yet 12 boxed copies were swapped over to PAL version. It would likely have sold out much faster and demand would have been higher if the PAL version had been available from day one.

In that case, maybe the first 88 PAL orders and first 12 NTSC orders since then should get the first crack at one of the extra boxes.

Edited by BILLYonaire

I suppose you are better at complaining than making jokes or helping other people. :roll:

You asked for a link...you didn't say what for. ;)

I rarely ever raise my voice over anything with regards to the marketplace. I only complain when I have a reason to. When the reasons for complaining are legitimate, you don't need to be good at it. You just need to speak your mind. The handful of times I spoke my mind here, I had fair reasons...this instance included. You don't need to agree with them...just understand that I have a right to speak up as a paying customer.

BTW...why the hell are you still bringing this up? Better yet, why are you even getting involved? Oh...that's right...you want Albert to hurry up and release the FREE ROM. Well, I paid...twice. Based on my purchase and the expectations set forth in the pre-order, if I felt the need to speak up and be heard...well within my rights. That's all. Thanks for playing.

I suppose you are better at complaining than making jokes or helping other people. :roll:

PS: Who the F&*K are you to say anything about my character??? I have helped out more people here than most anybody. Almost every week, I reach out to someone here and end up sending them something they need for nothing. I read the threads and help when I can. I once sent The Golden Ax a donation to help his friggin dog with vet bills. I never ask for kudos...I do it because (most times) I like the community here.

I don't care if you don't understand my odd sense of humor, but don't be a douche bag, taking personal pot-shots at someone you don't even know. All you are doing is asking a contributing member of the community (and a paid subscriber, I might add...) to leave. I guess you will be happy though if all the nice people keep leaving Atari Age...then, it will just be a forum board full of trollish people such as yourself. Way to go.

• Like 2

No.

Lack of serial numbers is the only reason why a second run of boxes is even possible.

Or like some collectors markets do, they make a "limited edition" with serial # that sells out faster than expected; people who didn't get one whine and complain, so they produce a separate "unlimited" edition of essentially the same product sans the serial number, with some slight modifications to differentiate it from the LE edition, and then there is more whining and complaining from the people who received the first batch (or even possibly paid through the nose to buy it from a reseller).

Collectors hate because it ruins the perceived resale value, while fanboys / fangirls rejoice because more people get a second chance to own said product. Not just video games, but lots of hobbies are affected. Moral of the story: never buy something solely because it's rare or limited.

Maybe Albert can rubber stamp "reprint" or "second run" or something else on the seams of all the boxes to differentiate them from the first run, but that would just P!$$ off more collectors.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Can't you guys just agree to disagree and let the game be what it is? The extra boxes were a f*ckup, that's all there is to it. And since Al doesn't like to number new releases anymore anyway, it doesn't matter. But I can see Ben's side, because I like to collect really low serial numbers of proto reproductions, not because I want to flip them or look at them as a retirement fund, but because I like it. I paid out the nose for #1 of Combat 2 CIB at a CGE auction, if all of a sudden another run with another #1 would surface, I'd be ticked off too. It has nothing to do with flipping items to some people, including me, so just let it be what it is and walk away.

Und TJ, warum Du?

• Like 1

I paid out the nose for #1 of Combat 2 CIB at a CGE auction, if all of a sudden another run with another #1 would surface, I'd be ticked off too.

Wait, I paid a huge amount to get #1 of Combat 2 CIB atCGE also. Did they make 2 number 1s?

Just stirring the pot, I paid $30 for #78 :)

• Like 1

What's the point of having the N1 box?

I mean, all the 100 boxed games aren't the first made! Proof is, I already have a copy of the loose game.

It's just random games in random boxes produced around the same time.

Why do people pay over a million dollars for a comic book, why are some people unable to stop eating and become fat, why did anyone attempt to land on the moon?

Each to their own.

And just for your information, there is no such thing as a real original run Combat 2, without box.

Circle_Gradient_Frame.gif

• Like 1

Here is another good example, who in their right mind would even consider getting a prototype of a prototype reproduction? Me, but not to sell it, I want it as a conversational piece. FYI, I put the prototype repro Bouncing Baby Bunnies up for auction at CGE (it is the only handle type cart there is), guess what, it went for triple digits, because there are other people that think this sort of thing is cool. I would have bought a Princess Rescue, if it was numbered, like I said, each to their own.

I present you with not only a signed #1 copy, but also the test box of Stunt Cycle...

DSC05547.JPG

DSC05548.JPG

• Like 1

Wow, First World Problems, eh? To all those with their knickers in a twist: At the end of the day it's only a game. Whether there are 100, 200 or unlimited numbers it's still just a silly (but very cool) game and it's still worth the price of entry. Go play it and have fun. :)

• Like 3

Think of it as an official limted run of 100 items, with an extra 100 "artist's proofs". And generally, a "proof" is worth more than the numbered edition anyway. :D

FYI, for those of you complaining about not getting a sealed box, it comes in a plastic sleeve that's sealed with an AtariAge sticker. If you remove that sticker, you've broken the seal.

post-33189-0-54593900-1375138655_thumb.jpg

Edited by stardust4ever