IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

what you need is one of these.

post-30773-0-36680900-1375151497_thumb.jpeg

If it is wired just like a 7800 controller then no. It will operate just like a standard Atari controller. The Sega Genesis controller uses a logic chip which after everything goes through has the C button high on power up plugged into the Atari 2600, which the program recognizes and configures itself for that controller. The C button stays high until pressed, then it goes low. It works kind of in reverse than the rest of the buttons. The 7800 controller/pads have the two fire buttons coming back through the same pin. The different resistance on the two buttons is what the Atari uses to tell the two apart if my memory serves correctly. I may be a little off on that, but all and all the two controllers work differently so it would treat a 7800 controller as a 2600.

• Like 1

Another 100 boxes and you're actually going to sell them? Wow, classy. Any respect I had for you and your store just went out the window.

i dont understand peoples complaining. You paid REGULAR price for the game. The other copies are being sold for REGULAR price. Unless you are trying to be greedy and sell your game for collectors prices, why are you bitching? Allowing more people the chance to own a copy at the SAME price you paid for it is a good thing. Again if you are not a greedy ebay pos.... Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 4

Another 100 boxes and you're actually going to sell them? Wow, classy. Any respect I had for you and your store just went out the window.

If you understood what happened, you probably would have a different outlook on this. Go back a few pages and Albert explains exactly what happened. It wasn't planned this way.

• Like 1

i dont understand peoples complaining. You paid REGULAR price for the game. The other copies are being sold for REGULAR price. Unless you are trying to be greedy and sell your game for collectors prices, why are you bitching? Allowing more people the chance to own a copy at the SAME price you paid for it is a good thing. Again if you are not a greedy ebay pos....

It is not a good thing, value is about exclusivity. What if Nintendo Power made another 1000 Nintendo World Championship cartridges and started selling them tomorrow? If you owned one and just paid $20,000 for it would you be happy about it? Well I own a boxed Princess Rescue which I don't even have in my possession yet and already it's devalued as a collector's item because of a second run which was never supposed to happen. How many recently developed games have I purchased for the Atari? One. How many other limited production runs have been done recently? None. I bought this one and only limited game BECAUSE IT'S LIMITED!

If there are going to be more copies out there I don't want the one I have. It'll still be in the same unopened shipping box 5 years from now. What a waste.

If you understood what happened, you probably would have a different outlook on this. Go back a few pages and Albert explains exactly what happened. It wasn't planned this way.

I did. When promising a limited run to your customers, if you happen to find more copies the one thing you don't do is sell them. How is this complicated? Keep them in your house, burn them, do something that ensures they don't get sold so that my copy doesn't get devalued. There is only one thing he could possibly do with those extra boxes which would upset anyone, out of all the possible things he could do with them. And he chose to do that one thing, what are the odds of that? I'd need a calculator to figure it out.

If the printer sends him a box with 1000 more copies in it by mistake is he going to sell those too? It's his job to make sure the run is limited to 100. I don't care how.

I did. When promising a limited run to your customers, if you happen to find more copies the one thing you don't do is sell them. How is this complicated? Keep them in your house, burn them, do something that ensures they don't get sold so that my copy doesn't get devalued. There is only one thing he could possibly do with those extra boxes which would upset anyone, out of all the possible things he could do with them. And he chose to do that one thing, what are the odds of that? I'd need a calculator to figure it out.

If the printer sends him a box with 1000 more copies in it by mistake is he going to sell those too? It's his job to make sure the run is limited to 100. I don't care how.

he already said he would refund anybody who wanted to cancel their order. So sad what greed has done to people. You think they make huge profits doing this? No. It is done for the love and passion more than anything. I came back to the 2600 section hoping that it changed and i was wrong. Still full of greedy collectors/sellers and cutthroats that know nothing other than bitching. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed. Sorry to hear that you wont be able to sell your copy in 5 years for stupid amounts. Glad to hear 100 other people will get the chance to play it though....

Edit: you cant compare this to the nes championship cart. You DID NOT pay above retail for this game so that argument is a mute point.

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 5

Well I own a boxed Princess Rescue which I don't even have in my possession yet and already it's devalued as a collector's item because of a second run which was never supposed to happen. How many recently developed games have I purchased for the Atari? One. How many other limited production runs have been done recently? None. I bought this one and only limited game BECAUSE IT'S LIMITED!

If there are going to be more copies out there I don't want the one I have. It'll still be in the same unopened shipping box 5 years from now. What a waste.

I think that answers the question regarding the identity of the mysterious ebay reseller. Or there could be more where he came from... :roll:

Yeah, I have a cart+manual for playing and a sealed CIB, but for some reason the news doesn't bother me. Maybe that's because I have no intention of actually selling my sealed boxed copy for profit. :grin:

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

he already said he would refund anybody who wanted to cancel their order. So sad what greed has done to people. You think they make huge profits doing this? No. It is done for the love and passion more than anything. I came back to the 2600 section hoping that it changed and i was wrong. Still full of greedy collectors/sellers and cutthroats that know nothing other than bitching. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed. Sorry to hear that you wont be able to sell your copy in 5 years for stupid amounts. Glad to hear 100 other people will get the chance to play it though....

I can see both sides of this.

On one hand, their are collectors out there who buy limited edition games in order to have something exclusive (me included). This goes for all systems of all generations. Keep in mind, not all of us are here to sell them at a profit. In over 14 years of having an eBay account, I haven't sold 1 single video game related item. I buy plenty...trade with my friends...give things away. For me, it is all about having the things I enjoy. When I have friends over my house, they get to enjoy my collection as well. That's why I buy two copies if a game is sealed...one is for my "collection" and the other one is to play. It may be a bit OCD, but that is my prerogative...not everyone collects these pieces of cardboard and plastic for the same reason, but you don't see me telling anyone else how to run their game room.

On the other hand, there are people who are strict players. For whatever their reason, they would rather have the game (cart/ROM/etc.) and nothing else...they want it for the sheer gaming factor. For these folks, limited runs are a hinderance. I couldn't agree more. It causes severe inflation, keeping players from playing the game (and defeating the purpose). Case and point; I would love to play Colecovision ghost n zombies, but I missed out on the original run. This means forking out a rather tidy sum for one of these limited copies. IMHO, that sucks, but I can only hope for another run someday. (If that happens, it will likely be in a different box, with different artwork...this is how it usually goes.) Regardless, until another run of carts, I am S.O.L. For me, as a player, that is a real bummer.

In the case of princess rescue, the carts were to be available in the AA store for the foreseeable future, without limits. The boxes were to be limited to 100, hence the expectation of exclusivity. Therefore, no one would have missed out on playing this game...just the box. In the end, this changed due to circumstances which Albert clearly explained in this post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212554-princess-rescue-now-available/page__st__500#entry2798901

Shit happens.

I would rather not see anyone who is contributing new games to the hobby have to eat their meager profits so that something on my shelf is more "exclusive". I voiced my concern initially because the reasoning behind the second run of boxes was not very clear...to me, a collector, it just seemed like another run of boxes sprung up due to demand. That would have bummed me out a bit. That is clearly not the case here.

I hope this nonsense can finally be put to rest and the thread can resume discussion about Princess Rescue...the game.

PS: didn't Albert put all of this to bed two pages ago?

• Like 2

I suppose those reactions (especially from Deemar!) here have just killed any intentions of Andrew and me to try to get the OK from FSS for an 2nd run of Boulder Dash. Actually I just refrained from the idea to create Boulder Dash 2.

I wouldn't want to get the flag that Al just got for simply trying to give more people the chance for a boxed copy. Stuff like this is really killing the motivation for everyone trying hard to make the community happy. :(

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 5

I can see both sides of this.

i didnt agree with you but respected your opinion and glad you understood the situation. The other dude clearly stated that his 70 dollar game was devalued. Which apparently means it is only worth the 70 dollars he paid for it. He clearly wanted to use this game to make a profit. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

I suppose those reactions (especially from Deemar!) here have just killed any intentions of Andrew and me to try to get the OK from FSS for an 2nd run of Boulder Dash. Actually I just refrained from the idea to create Boulder Dash 2.

I wouldn't want to get the flag that Al just got for simply trying to give more people the chance for a boxed copy. Stuff like this is really killing the motivation for everyone trying hard to make the community happy. :(

please dont give up because of someones idiocracy. I hate seeing people quit because of some assholes rants. Unfortunately this can happen to people like you who have done lots for a community and their reward is complaining. Some of us really appreciate the work u do. Unfortunately i play on emulators these days because of my living situation and my environmental stance so roms are the only way i can enjoy them, but i still believe in continuing selling games to allow more gamers to have a chance to get to do what they love. If i get a rom of a game that is cool as hell but i wont try to stop the little guys from making a little money for all their hard work.
  • Like 2