IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I played on my freshly received Sears (so NTSC system) well apart from the obvious colors that feel a bit better (only a bit, but I guess that even if I have one TV able to receive NTSC-M, they are not meant to receive an old standard full analog NTSC signal. I think I read that in the 80's or 90's, they changed slightly the NTSC norm for better color restitution, so European sets must use that one only. And there is no hue correction available) I felt an improvement in gameplay, with less collision bugs, especially with ennemies.

Still it's largely playable on a PAL system.

Makes me wonder what the technological differences are between a PAL and NTSC system are besides just the way it outputs to the TV if the collision detection is better on an NTSC system.

• Like 1

It's probably just the fact that it's designed to output a different resolution?

I'm not expert in programming nor in hardware, but I'm looking for this kind of stuff because I like to know how things works.

Could it just be that because of different timing, collision detection may get off by one pixel here and there on PAL version?

What about the missing color palette? It doesn't sound like it should be a big deal, but on such limited hardware...

Any chance of a list of how many of the boxed 100 are PAL and how many are NTSC? Cheers

0% and 100% :???:

However, to any of my good friends across the pond who had the foresight to preorder the NTSC CIB, you can always get a PAL loose copy when it releases and swap cartridges and have a "uniquely yours" PAL CIB set. ;-)

0% and 100% :???:

However, to any of my good friends across the pond who had the foresight to preorder the NTSC CIB, you can always get a PAL loose copy when it releases and swap cartridges and have a "uniquely yours" PAL CIB set. ;-)

Nope, any orders taken from PAL-Land now have the option to take a PAL cart instead of an NTSC cart if they wish to.

So it would be nice to have numbers of how many of the limited edition 100 boxes will officially have PAL carts shipped that way.

Nope, any orders taken from PAL-Land now have the option to take a PAL cart instead of an NTSC cart if they wish to.

So it would be nice to have numbers of how many of the limited edition 100 boxes will officially have PAL carts shipped that way.

So that explains the delay in shipping out our CIB orders. It's good to know at least that PAL-landers have an option then. Carry on...

So, in other words since all the boxes are allocated, there won't be any boxes available for those wanting a PAL cart, for the genuine reason that they live in PAL land??? I think thats a bit unfair.

I don't know if it's worth holding out for the possibility of a box to come with a PAL order only to find that all the loose copies have also sold out.

Well the thing is that you can order a NTSC copy. I missed the boxed copy, but you could have ordered one when it was available.

Sure, you need either to have a NTSC system or accept to deal with odd colors on a PAL system, but the games works anyway.

I sent email to everyone who lived in Europe or Australia and pre-ordered the boxed copy of the game if they would like a PAL60 version now that it's available. If you didn't see the email, please check your spam folder if you have one. Most people I emailed have responded, so I will be sending out several PAL60 boxed copies.

..Al

I never played it on a PAL system. The programming is the same, so I don't know why it would be any different.

So the only differences are the colors then, right? No changed screen size or so?

If yes, IF there is any difference, then it must be a side effect of the color changes.

So the only differences are the colors then, right? No changed screen size or so?

If yes, IF there is any difference, then it must be a side effect of the color changes.

It run at 60 htz, so it's very likely that the system render the game at NTSC resolution and framerate.