IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Maybe I'm dumb , or maybe I simply don't know what I'm talking about...

But.....

There is plenty of reproductions sellers on NA and they don't seems to bother....

Doesn't harm IP too?

i simply don't get it!

Sure Princess Rescue is a clone of SMB

But hey! Homebrewers ARE NOT doing this to rip the big N or trying to make a whole load of cash with it!

Homebrews are FOR FUN, FOR ENTERTAIMENT, FOR FANS!

You basically pay for the cartridge assembly, box, manual ... Not really the game itself

Anyway, those kind of threads make me reallly sad.....

Cheers guys

EDIT: Someone made Fix it Felix Jr. On Genesis and I don't recall any people bashing on this project....

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

I would think if it was advertised as SUPER MARIO BROS 2600, none of us would have one. I don't know?? Can't please all, definitely not here.

Exactly. Besides, this is NOT Super Mario Bros 2600. It's not licensed, endorsed, or programmed by Nintendo and doesn't use any of the assets. It's a proper stand alone "clone" like the hundreds of Space Invaders and Pac-Man knock-offs back in the day. There actually COULD be a case if the system were more capable, i.e., it looked more like the original, but it's not, so there's no reasonable scenario where this is anything of an issue. As for someone not liking the game for whatever reason, big deal. That happens with everything.

• Like 6

It suddenly smells trollish here, doesn't it?

Or maybe my humor is undeveloped... :ponder:

Your humor is fine, totally a troll and he knows damn well what game this is:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212554-princess-rescue-now-available/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2798445

He also said he was going to run the game over with his car, but I guess he never did that:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212554-princess-rescue-now-available/page-24?do=findComment&comment=2801374

..Al

• Like 2

I've done what I can to make sure many of the classic gaming forums know about the withdrawl of P.R. from the storefront. I've also left comments on some related YouTube videos and Kotaku. I hope something positive comes of this. I'd like homebrew developers across classic platforms to be better informed and open. Self censorship means we lose by default.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that this had happened to you guys. It looks like a lot of time and effort went into the project, and it's a shame it came down to this. This definitely hinders the homebrew community that wants to make fan made games, or port over other games to their favorite consoles. The game looks excellent, so hopefully you can put together some new graphics and rebrand it :)

• Like 4

I had shot an unboxing video along with some gameplay footage but now I am afraid to post them out of fear of reprisal from Nintendo's notoriously vicious lawyers. I personally feel lucky to own a copy of this game. My condolence goes out to it's creator, along with my thanks for creating such a wonderful Homebrew game.

I can't possibly see this game harming anyone's IP. To me it supports the community that loves this franchise. It's a loving tribute made by a dedicated fan and not a shameless rip off. For the record I am a huge Mario fan and have purchased and played every platform game in the series for the last 20 years.

Although I'm no programmer I can guarantee that the tiny amount of money made on this game pales in comparison to the hundreds of hours it takes to create and distribute something like this. Not to mention the cost of all the expensive supplies.

I am truly heartbroken by this news and I hope it does not dissuade other developers from creating their own games in the future.

Edited by Dr Manhattan
  • Like 5

I just read on NintendoAge that this game is a ripoff of Super Mario Bros, is that right? How come this wasn't specified on the store page anywhere? How come nobody was told this prior to buying it? First I wanted to run over this abomination with my car now I want to burn it with the fire of a thousand suns, how could you leave out such a major detail to people paying you for the game? I can never trust this place enough to buy anything from the store here ever again, too many shady details.

Deemar are you a troll? Seriously, we need to know. This is not the first over-reaction post from you.

• Like 3

I had shot an unboxing video along with some gameplay footage but now I am afraid to post them out of fear of reprisal from Nintendo's notoriously vicious lawyers. I personally feel lucky to own a copy of this game. My condolence goes out to it's creator, along with my thanks for creating such a wonderful Homebrew game.

I can't possibly see this game harming anyone's IP. To me it supports the community that loves this franchise. It's a loving tribute made by a dedicated fan and not a shameless rip off. For the record I am a huge Mario fan and have purchased and played every platform game in the series for the last 20 years.

Although I'm no programmer I can guarantee that the tiny amount of money made on this game pales in comparison to the hundreds of hours it takes to create and distribute something like this. Not to mention the cost of all the expensive supplies.

I am truly heartbroken by this news and I hope it does not dissuade other developers from creating their own games in the future.

I wouldn't be worried. If IGN can post a video of them showing the physical contents and playing it without any repercussions (it's probably how Nintendo found out about the game), then I don't see why you can't. Someone has a 50 minute let's play on the game and my demo video is still up and running.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I just want to say I really appreciate all your support and I agree with what you have to say. When I made Princess Rescue, I did it just to see if I could make a Super Mario Brothers game on the Atari, because the SMB series is one of my favorites and I was disappointed when it never arrived on the Atari. I remember when it came out with the new NES and I waited for the day for it to appear on the Atari when I was a kid. Sure, I didn't expect it to look great but I would have been happy if it played somewhat like the NES one. It never happened. I wondered what-if, so I wanted it to be a reality. I'm sorry that Nintendo sees this is some sort of an infringement or whatever exactly. I just wanted Super Mario Brothers on the Atari and show that a game like that can be done on this beloved system of ours.

• Like 6