IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

Actually yes, I did. I took it to their house as a sneak peek planning to pack it up for Xmas. Actually I took mine, but still. My brother had their Atari in a cabinet and when we played it all they could say was how better the Super Nintendo version is.

Did you tell him, "Of course it is! The SNES runs on a 16-bit equivalent of the 6502 with RAM, enhanced graphics chip, custom sound chip, where as this game runs on a slimmed down version of the 6502 with almost no ram, no video memory, no buffering, and something that was just supposed to make blips and beeps."?

BTW, did see the Ebay auction. I can't believe the monster I created. I finally can't believe that something I made is actually being clamored over. I'm used to people overlooking my creations 10-fold.

• Like 1

I'm as amazed as you are Chris. I thought I'd get maybe 30 bucks back out of the extra one.

I think as far are my brother and his little ones the Atari is lost on them. I was probably just trying to pass one of my hobbies off on people who aren't interested. My niece plays along with it but the finite issue of programing limitations are lost on her. She's 13 though and not really interested in programing so I can't fault her. Now when it comes to video editing she my go to girl.

Yeah we need more games we can resell.Right?? Lets get real here!! There I said it AGAIN..

AND I dont give a rats ass who you are and what you think you conttibuted or helped the atari people by selling this guys hard work for huge gains. Twist it any way you want you could have at least sold it for buy it now your cost..but your a full blown douche and you still cant help it and selling your own copy?? And then tell him to make more for your obvious resale?? Yeah your a hero!!

Edited by Jinks

Yeah we need more games we can resell.Right?? Lets get real here!! There I said it AGAIN..

AND I dont give a rats ass who you are and what you think you conttibuted or helped the atari people by selling this guys hard work for huge gains. Twist it any way you want you could have at least sold it for buy it now your cost..but your a full blown douche and you still cant help it and selling your own copy?? And then tell him to make more for your obvious resale?? Yeah your a hero!!

What exactly is your problem? It's not like he was hoarding copies specifically to sell them. The situation here has changed and he's decided that he'd rather get the money people are willing to pay for the game rather than keep it. That's his decision to make and there's absolutely no reason he should be spoken to in that manner.

He also never told Sprybug to release more copies of this game. He mentioned that he hopes a new game can be made without the offending assets, as he'd enjoy playing it (as would many of us). Should such a game be made, it would likely be readily available and there would be no way to make money off the release.

• Like 1

Greed at work. :thumbsdown:

Greed? On whose part? The seller, or the (as of this writing) 30 bidders?

If someone has it and wants to keep it, or sell it, that's their business, and I don't think it deserves insulting and belittling them for it.

In this case it's the buyers putting the value on it.

Edited by Brian R.

Did you tell him, "Of course it is! The SNES runs on a 16-bit equivalent of the 6502 with RAM, enhanced graphics chip, custom sound chip, where as this game runs on a slimmed down version of the 6502 with almost no ram, no video memory, no buffering, and something that was just supposed to make blips and beeps."?

BTW, did see the Ebay auction. I can't believe the monster I created. I finally can't believe that something I made is actually being clamored over. I'm used to people overlooking my creations 10-fold.

Wait... you have other creations? Please, share! :)

There is no doubt you got skills. Everyone 'round here will be eager to see you put them to use. Having quality new games to use on our old 2600s helps keep them alive.

Edited by Brian R.

I'm as amazed as you are Chris. I thought I'd get maybe 30 bucks back out of the extra one.

I think as far are my brother and his little ones the Atari is lost on them. I was probably just trying to pass one of my hobbies off on people who aren't interested. My niece plays along with it but the finite issue of programing limitations are lost on her. She's 13 though and not really interested in programing so I can't fault her. Now when it comes to video editing she my go to girl.

I know the feeling.

I bought my brother a brand new 2600 when I got a couple for myself some years back. I thought both he and his kids would enjoy it. They never did. I eventually took it back and have kept it. I should just consider it mine at this point - as I type I'm wondering why I never did. I should take the thing out and see how it works.

It's weird because it's a four-porty woody, but its toggle switches are a smooth, bright chrome.

The greed seems to on the bidders, but there is a question mark on the seller.

The fact is a bidder with an ebay rating of 405 started bidding after it reached $20.00. The other bidders expect for one stopped bidding around $66.25 before another bidder came in and going a bidder war. The bidder with an ebay rating of 133 went at it with the person with 405 ebay rating. The bidding war apparently ended at this time with the item being $293.25.

I do think think it is questionable if the seller is greedy.

The seller has to know the game is a collector's item now thanks to Nintendo stopping of all cartridge sales. If there wasn't any greed by the seller, why was the auction for a week with it not being buy it now since the item in question actually is one of the most well known homebrew games of all time?

Princess Rescue is one of the most well know homebrew games of all time and the selling expecting only $60.00 with it being a 7 day auction seems to be the seller is underestimating the potential of a bidder war considering how crazy bidders can get on ebay.

Edited by 8th lutz

That's rediculous! Placed on my watch list... :roll:

I'm definitely not opening my boxed copy, but I still got the cart-only copy to cram in the system whenever I feel like it. Maybe someday I can retire early... :grin:

I having been watching that auction from the beginning. That auction is going like I expected .

I gotta watch both auctions also.

I have a boxed copy and a loose copy.

Strangely the loose copy glitches on 2 AV modded woody systems, whereas the boxed copy doesn't.

Both carts play okay in unmodified Heavy Sixer.

My best guess is a power supply issue, but the AV modded ones are using a "new old stock" just opened power supply from Best Elec.

One has a Longhorn mod board, the other a batari mod board.

So the boxed copy is played upstairs, and the loose copy is played downstairs.

Princess Rescue is one of the most well know homebrew games of all time and the selling expecting only $60.00 with it being a 7 day auction seems to be the seller is underestimating the potential of a bidder war considering how crazy bidders can get on ebay.

I never claimed to be smart. I freely admit to not understanding the game market at all. I never sell anything so I guess I'm just that out of touch.

• Like 1

I gotta watch both auctions also.

I have a boxed copy and a loose copy.

Strangely the loose copy glitches on 2 AV modded woody systems, whereas the boxed copy doesn't.

Both carts play okay in unmodified Heavy Sixer.

My best guess is a power supply issue, but the AV modded ones are using a "new old stock" just opened power supply from Best Elec.

One has a Longhorn mod board, the other a batari mod board.

So the boxed copy is played upstairs, and the loose copy is played downstairs.

What glitches are you seeing?

I'm using newer non-atari power supplies. I agree with Best on most things but I'm not sold that the Atari supplies are cutting edge technology 30 years later. They are good and well designed but simple switching models should be better and simpler. I could be wrong though as I'm no expert.

Edited by mkiker2089

It's been a while since I sold anything on eBay, but isn't a week the standard default length for an eBay auction?

If somebody wants to sell something, and there's no reason why they can't, and if they don't really know what something might sell for, why not put it up on eBay and see what value the market/bidders place on it?

If the seller was as greedy as some insist (I was going to say suggest, but they haven't been so delicate about it), then there would have been a high value reserve set on the auction. Or it would've started at an insane price, like a recent attempt to sell a bogus Cloak & Dagger 5200 cart.

Also - is there really any way to tell for sure if a boxed copy has been opened?

What glitches are you seeing?

I'm using newer non-atari power supplies. I agree with Best on most things but I'm not sold that the Atari supplies are cutting edge technology 30 years later. They are good and well designed but simple switching models should be better and simpler. I could be wrong though as I'm no expert.

The glitch is in Level 2 where you jump to the flagpole located at the top right. (2-2 and 2-3?)

The loose copy refuses to jump, the boxed copy jumps fine.

Even stranger is, (even after having it replaced), the replacement doesn't jump either, but it jumps just fine on the unmodified console.

Since both work on the Heavy Sixer, I really don't care to find out why anymore.