IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

It's been a while since I sold anything on eBay, but isn't a week the standard default length for an eBay auction?

If somebody wants to sell something, and there's no reason why they can't, and if they don't really know what something might sell for, why not put it up on eBay and see what value the market/bidders place on it?

If the seller was as greedy as some insist (I was going to say suggest, but they haven't been so delicate about it), then there would have been a high value reserve set on the auction. Or it would've started at an insane price, like a recent attempt to sell a bogus Cloak & Dagger 5200 cart.

Also - is there really any way to tell for sure if a boxed copy has been opened?

They offer different limits. I didn't know it was important to anyone so I just used 7. As for what people think of me, that's fine. As I said before they can think what they want. I've been upfront and honest and that's all that matters to me. I even listed the other one on Game Gavel already. I could have waited until this one ends to keep them from competing against each other but why bother. If I get something for the second one I do, if I don't then someone else will cherish it as much as I did.

The glitch is in Level 2 where you jump to the flagpole located at the top right. (2-2 and 2-3?)

The loose copy refuses to jump, the boxed copy jumps fine.

Even stranger is, (even after having it replaced), the replacement doesn't jump either, but it jumps just fine on the unmodified console.

Since both work on the Heavy Sixer, I really don't care to find out why anymore.

I think that's the same glitch that 7800 users got. The guy can't jump as high above the top of the screen on some consoles but we thought it was only on 7800s. Odd?

That's a nice acrylic case you have there. I usually get mine from videogameboxprotectors and was going to order some more on Thursday. But, what you have there looks intense!

Where did you get it?

It's a lot more sturdy than those acrylic case from videogameboxprotectors.com

It's 1/8 in tickness

It's a custom made case by CollectorVision

I think I have like 30-40

post-11933-0-80624500-1379959041_thumb.jpg

Edited by retroillucid

Maybe you guys could teach Target how to put blurays in security cases without mangling them in the process.

Didn't buy Star Trek Into Darkness there when it came out because every bluray they had was crammed into cases too small for them and all but destroyed the "exclusive" packaging they were touting.

Wait... you have other creations? Please, share! :)

There is no doubt you got skills. Everyone 'round here will be eager to see you put them to use. Having quality new games to use on our old 2600s helps keep them alive.

It's not game related, but it was an animation/story project I worked on a few years back. Maybe one day after I'm dead, someone will notice it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5T8jD0KAbE

• Like 1

I've been playing both real cart and harmony on a JR fairly regular with no "glitch". My mom plays on a stock light six, no prob. I'm gonna fire up my comp. modded 4 switch to hunt "glitches". I'll report any findings. :)

Modding a currently working Atari to composite video will not affect the game mechanics since you're only modding the video signal output after it's already left the TIA. The composite mod only affects the analog output and shouldn't have any effect on the actual digital game logic. The 7800 used a different processor chip and there are two revisions which each have slightly different behavior on certain undocumented commands, compared to the original 6507. Games which use certain commands may or may not be affected.

Been playing Princess Rescue (and getting pissed off sometimes at the extreme rigidness of the jumping/platforming), interesting to see people reporting problems getting to the flagpole in 2-1 (and 2-3). I was stuck on that very flagpole for a good half hour. On my Coleco Gemini, Mario can't move side to side when he's over the top of the screen on some levels, including 2-1, so I couldn't reach the flagpole. I figured it was some game breaking flaw and hoped it was a console thing and not a problem with the game itself. I eventually realized there's a run button. At both the trouble flag poles, it's possible to run off the top ledge, into the flagpole and progress to the next level.

When I thought my Gemini was incompatible, I tried my Short Rainbow 2600 Jr... And the fucking thing has this horrible freezing glitch 1 or 2 seconds after you power it on! Anybody know what's causing this? Did someone say this happens on the 7800 as well? At first I thought maybe the Jr was dusty from sitting in a office cabinet for a while, but no, all my other games work fine on it, no freezing problem.

I've been really trying to enjoy the game, but it's seriously been pissing me off with stuff like this. If it weren't for my Gemini, I wouldn't even be able to play it! The farthest I've gotten is 2-4, but I keep running out of lives because it's so ridiculously easy to fall off a ledge, or somehow hit the side of an enemy when you try to jump on them or get killed by a shell when you kick it and it somehow goes towards you and not away. I guess I'll try using the 5 lives setting until I can get used to the game. It's a really impressive game, but it's really, REALLY unforgiving. The boss battles with BJ are just as hard, it's so easy to get killed from not jumping on him right or at the correct moment.

Also, while I'm at it, I find it annoying that Super Mario is too tall to fit through most platforms. At times the level design is really only meant for Small Mario. Sometimes I keep wishing I could do a sliding duck to go through platforms, but there's no physics. I guess what I should do is lower my expectations immensely, but maybe Spry would find that a compliment that I instinctively treat Princess Rescue like the original NES Super Mario Bros.

Was Princess Rescue designed with the older 2600 models in mind? Are the Jr and 7800 actually different in some tiny ways?

Edited by Sir Guntz

Hm, strange, I found the boss battles pretty easy. Finished the game on my first go, too. If you are having problems with the platforming, try jumping then moving. If you press the run button after you have caught some air, you will still speed up despite not being on the ground. It makes getting past pits easier, and safer since the controls can be a little finicky.