IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I do apologize to anyone who is unhappy that more boxed copies of Princess Rescue are being made available. The wrong die was used on the first run of boxes, so another run was then printed with the correct die. At the time I didn't know I was going to get the first run of boxes or that they'd even be useable. I received the corrected set of boxes well before I received the batch that was first run.

I only ran 100 boxes not because I was trying to artificially restrict the game to create a "rarity", but because I don't want to be left with boxes I can't sell. I had six different games run at the same time to get the cost down as a whole, otherwise it's much more expensive to have only 100 boxes for a single game printed.

This was a fairly unique situation in terms of what transpired, and in the future I will leave open the possibility that more boxes might become available. I wish I could make boxes available for as long as there was demand for them, but unfortunately that's not really feasible.

Again, my apologies for those who felt they were mislead. I'd be happy to offer a refund to anyone who wants to return their game.

..Al

• Like 3

I do apologize to anyone who is unhappy that more boxed copies of Princess Rescue are being made available. The wrong die was used on the first run of boxes, so another run was then printed with the correct die. At the time I didn't know I was going to get the first run of boxes or that they'd even be useable. I received the corrected set of boxes well before I received the batch that was first run.

I only ran 100 boxes not because I was trying to artificially restrict the game to create a "rarity", but because I don't want to be left with boxes I can't sell. I had six different games run at the same time to get the cost down as a whole, otherwise it's much more expensive to have only 100 boxes for a single game printed.

This was a fairly unique situation in terms of what transpired, and in the future I will leave open the possibility that more boxes might become available. I wish I could make boxes available for as long as there was demand for them, but unfortunately that's not really feasible.

Again, my apologies for those who felt they were mislead. I'd be happy to offer a refund to anyone who wants to return their game.

..Al

Thank you Al for the clear explanation. That's all I really wanted to hear from the start. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Everybody stop distracting Al from releasing the ROM! :)

A bit late to the party...the fire's been out for almost 6 hours. Explanations were made...questions answered. Who is still distracting Al at this point? :roll:

Albert, can I see a side-by-side comparison of the boxes with the "dye" issue? If it's something trivial like how on some NES Gyromites, the background shows up as indigo while on others, it shows up as blue or purple (I forget which, but I couldn't tell the difference anyway although some collectors swear to it), then does the ink really matter that much?

BTW, I can't think of a better game to get 100 free boxes! :grin:

Albert, can I see a side-by-side comparison of the boxes with the "dye" issue? If it's something trivial like how on some NES Gyromites, the background shows up as indigo while on others, it shows up as blue or purple (I forget which, but I couldn't tell the difference anyway although some collectors swear to it), then does the ink really matter that much?

It's a "die" issue. The die is used to stamp the boxes, which is how they are cut and creased. The actual printing is identical, so there's no visual difference as far as that's concerned. I will post side-by-side pictures of the two runs of boxes before I make the new boxes available.

BTW, I can't think of a better game to get 100 free boxes! :grin:

The second set of boxes was not free. I wish!

..Al

It's a "die" issue. The die is used to stamp the boxes, which is how they are cut and creased.

D'oh! :dunce:

The second set of boxes was not free. I wish!

But they were just going to throw them away or send it to the recycle plant if you didn't say you wanted them. By that logic, it would only be worth the shipping fee since the "factory seconds" were worthless to them otherwise. :roll:

Either way, thank you for rescuing those poor boxes! :grin:

Edited by stardust4ever

I wish I had known I would have 200 boxes instead of 100, as I've sold a bunch of loose carts to people who probably would have purchased a box copy. If I had known, I would have pre-sold 200 copies instead of the 100, as that certainly would have been simpler for me!

..Al

Ha! ya I wish I could've gotten one of those boxed editions instead of just the cart and instruction manual, oh well maybe next time no hard feeling just keep pumping out some great homebrews and I will be happy, Thanks Al for all you do. :thumbsup:

Edited by classiccollector

Ha! ya I wish I could've gotten one of those boxed editions instead of just the cart and instruction manual, oh well maybe next time no hard feeling just keep pumping out some great homebrews and I will be happy, Thanks Al for all you do. :thumbsup:

I may offer the extra boxes to those who purchased just the cart and manual.

..Al

• Like 2

I may offer the extra boxes to those who purchased just the cart and manual.

..Al

I totally want one, so I'm even ready to order another copy of the game in PAL version to get the box.

As I'm overseas, even if your offer it, I'll pay the extra shipping fees.

It's a "die" issue. The die is used to stamp the boxes, which is how they are cut and creased. The actual printing is identical, so there's no visual difference as far as that's concerned. I will post side-by-side pictures of the two runs of boxes before I make the new boxes available.

Pardon me. I thought you had just misspelled dye. Still, the boxes were cut differently and the first 100 pre-orders got them properly cut.

Thanks for the clarification. BTW, I too think it's fair to offer the boxes to the first 100 cartridge and manual only orders after the boxed version was sold out.

I don't see why... what if those 100 people ordered loose copies on purpose?

What about PAL carts buyers which are more likely to ask for boxes?