IGNORED

Berzerk, Choplifter, Moon Patrol... will anyone ever finish them?

108 Stars

Just visited James Higgs' old website.

I was unaware that he had released the sourcecodes to his conversions of Berzerk, Choplifter and Moon Patrol for the Lynx.

Any chance one of our resident coders will pick those games up? It's kind of sad to see them rot in development hell, and I am quite fond of Berzerk.

With the sourcecodes available I imagine it might not be too huge a task to complete those simple games, seeing how fast GadgetUK ported Alien.

At least let this serve as a reminder that there is still some Lynx games out there just waiting for completion... :)

http://jum.pdroms.de/lynx/lynxprog.html

• Like 1

Jum already finished Choplifter. It was re-named as ChopperX and it is found on the MegaPak I cart. In my opinion it is very well written, has good playability and looks polished.

It is nice that he released the source also :)

--

Karri

• Like 1

I will take a look, if its C should be easy, if asm I will pass for now.

It's C, so you're in luck. Or rather, I'm in luck because you're interested. :)

Jum already finished Choplifter. It was re-named as ChopperX and it is found on the MegaPak I cart. In my opinion it is very well written, has good playability and looks polished.

It is nice that he released the source also :)

Thanks for the info, I did not know that. I only started with the Lynx after MegaPak came out, and I kind of never got around to check what's on it. If ChopperX is on it that's definitly one worthy game already. :)

I downloaded these a while back.

Choplifter and Chopper X are different games.

Chopper X is like that old Chopper PC game where you use one button to maintain the height of your copter and not hit stuff while Choplifter is an early demo of Choplifter!