IGNORED

Italian Fathom - more or less worth than normal Version?

Today my Fathom from Italy arrived and I was dissapointed at the first moment, because I couldnt find a manual. But on the second view I realized that there is a manual, but its an italien instruction booklet. Its not printed in color, but has a nice quality. On the backside is an italian adress, so its definitely something official. This is the adress:

Audist Videogiochi S.r.l.

via Castelbarco 2

20136 Milano

The box is a bit crushed, but it has no differences to the normal Fathom box and its still okay, not completely destroyed. I offer this one for trade. I already have some nice trade oppurtinities, but I dont know if they want a Fathom WITHOUT the US manual. On the other side there are many variant collectors and I guess the italien version could possible be interessting for this guys.

I'll add pictures of the game in some hours, but I would be very thankful to every opinion if this is something special or just crap missing the original manual :)

We'll see if there is anybody interessted in this variant or not. I also have a CiB Super Cobra (good condition, not mint) and some commons (Frogger, Popeye) for trade.

I am looking for trades to complete my 125, so here is a list of the CiB games I still need (I dont collect lose carts):

Spiker (just to mention it ^^)

Stadium Mud Buggies

Triple Challenge

Worm Whomper

Chess

Reversi

Tron Solar Sailor

Jetsons

World Series Major League Baseball

Scooby Doo (but I may get one soon)

Royal Dealer

Kool Aid Man

Loco Motion

Bump'n Jump

World Championship Baseball

Dig Dug

Body Slam

Mountain Madness

Slap Shot

Learning Fun I

Learning Fun II

Stampede

River Raid

Edited by Ignorama

I offer one dollar more than cmarts upcoming offer.

;-)

Cmart offered 1500 $, so I guess you got it for 1501 " ;) (@ cmart: If you play along with me I participate you at the profit :) )

But seriously, if you are interessted just make a offer, I am considering offers and the most interessting gets the surcharge.

Edit: If you are willing to buy it for 1.501$ I would give you free shipping :lol:

Edited by Ignorama

Another picture update, this time you can compare the US and the IT manual. I just realized that the italian one is a bit smaller. And as you can see: The screenshots are taken out of the US manual

Anyway, you cant compare this to other european manuals. I have a French Ice Trek too and the french manual looks pretty poor: http://ogdb.eu/image...=125255&limit=0

post-35236-0-02329400-1369266780_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-01259600-1369266791_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-44673300-1369266800_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-91912200-1369266810_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-49814600-1369266818_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-50943100-1369266826_thumb.jpg

I see, many here doesnt care that much for the condition of the games :lol:

In contrast to this Ebay seller I am honest in descriping my games and I show every flaw. There are pictures of every single page, not like in the auction, where the only page which wasnt shown was "accidentally" the one with the flaw. So the answer is no, there are no writings. I overact that this was just to tease me :)

Speaking of fathom, i still have cmarts sealed one. I havent been in Tucson since April , so its still in the silo, waiting to be shipped . I also still have Rev Spiker in the silo safe somewhere in Tucson.

We'll see if there is anybody interessted in this variant or not. I also have a CiB Super Cobra (good condition, not mint) and some commons (Frogger, Popeye) for trade.

I am looking for trades to complete my 125, so here is a list of the CiB games I still need (I dont collect lose carts):

Spiker (just to mention it ^^)

Stadium Mud Buggies

Triple Challenge

Worm Whomper

Chess

Reversi

Tron Solar Sailor

Jetsons

World Series Major League Baseball

Scooby Doo (but I may get one soon)

Royal Dealer

Kool Aid Man

Loco Motion

Bump'n Jump

World Championship Baseball

Dig Dug

Body Slam

Mountain Madness

Slap Shot

Learning Fun I

Learning Fun II

Stampede

River Raid

I have a Royal Dealer sealed in box on eBay right now....

To return to the topic: I really wanna trade Fathom, BUT I have no clue what the value for a trade is. So maybe someone (I am looking to the variant collectors) could tell me how much he would pay for this game? Maybe its just a normal Fathom value, but to tell the truth: I dont know if I would trade it for that, because I never heard of a Italian version before and I never have seen one so at least I fancy myself that this is much more rare. So maybe I expect too much, but it would held me if some more experienced collectors would give me there suggestion what the price could be.

Edited by Ignorama

To return to the topic: I really wanna trade Fathom, BUT I have no clue what the value for a trade is. So maybe someone (I am looking to the variant collectors) could tell me how much he would pay for this game? Maybe its just a normal Fathom value, but to tell the truth: I dont know if I would trade it for that, because I never heard of a Italian version before and I never have seen one so at least I fancy myself that this is much more rare. So maybe I expect too much, but it would held me if some more experienced collectors would give me there suggestion what the price could be.

The value for most people would be the same as a regular fathom. for us variant collectors i would probably bid 250 in auction, but i basically would be paying 250 for a manual not the game. lol in the past i have placed crazy bids on lots for just one game.

Thank you. To tell the truth, I am not really happy with this situation :( It would been much easier to make a descision if it were a normal copy of Fathom. The Collector in me askes himself if it would be better to keep this variant, because I dont know if I will ever see one italian Fathom again, or if I should trade it to come closer to the 125. The problem is, also if I am missing very rare games which are very hard to get, I know that someday they will appear and that its finally just a question of money.

Keep this maybe impossible to find again "common", or trade to a game which would cost me just a lot of money. Its not that easy as it seems. I had a offer to trade it for Worm Whomper and I was pretty happy with this one, maybe a few dollar in addition and it would be perfect for me, but then this strange manual showed up.

Edited by Ignorama

Thank you. To tell the truth, I am not really happy with this situation :( It would been much easier to make a descision if it were a normal copy of Fathom. The Collector in me askes himself if it would be better to keep this variant, because I dont know if I will ever see one italian Fathom again, or if I should trade it to come closer to the 125. The problem is, also if I am missing very rare games which are very hard to get, I know that someday they will appear and that its finally just a question of money.

Keep this maybe impossible to find again "common", or trade to a game which would cost me just a lot of money. Its not that easy as it seems. I had a offer to trade it for Worm Whomper and I was pretty happy with this one, maybe a few dollar in addition and it would be perfect for me, but then this strange manual showed up.

Well if you have doubts, keep it. but be warn once you enter the Variant abyss there is no coming out.... Just when you think you have every variant something new come out. LOL just look at cmarts signature. :)

Well if you have doubts, keep it. but be warn once you enter the Variant abyss there is no coming out.... Just when you think you have every variant something new come out. LOL just look at cmarts signature. :)

Voltron speaks the truth. :) I think this is an example of something that's cool but probably wouldn't command a large premium as there are so few people that really care about this stuff. (Like me.) :) I honestly would pay a premium of maybe $20-25 for the manual itself, not much more.

• 1 month later...

That is a nice variant. I've been out of the variants game for almost a decade ... as mentioned, it's a dangerous thing. Tread carefully. ;)

If you're ready to add some, we have a lot to send your way! :-D Let me just say by the way, your site remains the bible for us variant collectors. :thumbsup: You sir, are much revered here. :-D (Also, I hate your site for enabling my variation addiction!) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

As an aside, I have a complete CIB Digiplay collection that's just dying to help fill in some missing variations, as well as a large number of CBS/Coleco ones as well.

Great to see you around the forums.

• Like 1