IGNORED

Xbox killed the used game

Still getting a PS4 and Wii U instead. :) Mostly because I don't like MS's public attitiude. They sound as if they are saying that whiny gamers ruined all our great plans for them. They can still do everything they announced, just with digital purchased games only. The all or nothing nonsense doesn't float. But hey, I can't imagine what its like at MS, I mean it must be like being on a nuclear sub or something.

I agree with you there. The quick reversal does seem a little too condescending. I can imagine the calls they got on a regular basis after their initial announcement of what their plans were, plus all the negative feedback on social media sites. Wow, M$, just plain wow.

Well, maybe not yet:

http://www.guardian....tions-abandoned

Oops... our bad. You can trust us now. |:)

Congratulations Microsoft, you have probably still cut sales significantly from what they would have been for at least the first year.

But hey, someone is going to get fired over this fiasco so at least that's a win for gamers in the long run.

Oh yeah, someone is soooooo fired when sales tank.

I am all for the MS bashing. They deserve it, however its foolish to think that Sony is somehow this this great company that really understands the consumer. I believe MS just had the arrogance to say what everyone else in the room (Sony & Nintendo) were thinking. Yes, how they did it was terrible and the implementation seemed very poor, but to think Sony is somehow this great company all of a sudden is pretty laughable. They got very lucky that MS was the one to announce such measures first. For all we know they had something similar planned and pulled a 1-80 behind the scenes. They not only got some free market testing by seeing the response to MS, but they also probably got a bunch of new customers.

I am not defending MS though, my friends and I have been bashing them about almost every decision they have made from the day they announced the stupid name of the system. The biggest mistakes MS made were being arrogant and trying to force a change on the customer. You must let the customer make that change by giving them the option. This will most likely be the last generation with physical media and will probably last just as long as last generation. Who knows, it may be the last generations of video game consoles as we know them. I know many people here are collectors and don't want to hear that, but its most likely the case.

• Like 1

People bitched nonstop with all the original XBox One plans, and now bitch nonstop at their reversal.

I don't see bitching about the reversal, other than people voicing a mistrust that Microsoft may reverse again. I don't think that's unreasonable, given Microsoft thought it was a grand old plan in the first place.

• Like 6