IGNORED

Any C64 emulators with smooth scrolling?

majinbuu

Hi

As much as I would love to have a real c64 setup at home like I used to it has just become impractical.

I have tried pretty much every c64 emulator that I can find to try to recreate the experience as much as possible but they all suffer from the same fatal flaw. That is, they are unable to reproduce the silky smooth scrolling that the c64 was famous for. Even setting the emulator to PAL at 50Hz and setting my display to a 50Hz mode will result in either stuttering or screen tearing. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this but I just can't find the answer.

Can anyone help me with my problem. It really detracts from the experience when games like Uridium start to stutter when I know from playing them on the real hardware that they run beautifully. I am using Win7 on a laptop hooked up via HDMI to a large LCD TV.

I know that emulation will never be the same as the real thing, but it's the only choice I have.

The latest version of vice has an extra executable file to get much more accurate emulation. That, and the ease of use and "more conventional" menuing system really makes it a winner.

I know that emulation will never be the same as the real thing, but it's the only choice I have.
Of course not, but I believe Emulation can be better from some points of view. Like you don't have to deal with the shit slow-ass unreliable 1541 disks. Nor do you have to maintain boxes of "equipment".