IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 3 ~ Space Invaders (Game 6 B/B)

Vocelli

@ Gorfy. Yes, game 6 b/b is capped at 9800. I assume you would roll it after that.

FRYING

Ok. Back in the day Atari Age Magazine had a contest with Battlezone. You had to play Battlezone, take a photo and submit a high score. So this is my story. My friend had an Atari and if you flcked the reset switch real fast crazy things would happen to the games. FRYING. We didn't call it that. Well in Battlezone if I flicked the switch real fast I got unlimited lives. Go figure. Well, being a young teen and wanting to win something ( I don't remember what), I submitted a score of 999,999. I believe that was it. I took pics, got them developed, and sent in the score. Weeks later Atari Age Magazine ( or reps for Atari ) called me up and said they were coming to my house to watch me play Battlezone. I was a contest finalist. Well knowing that I cheated, I said okay. 5 days later and blisters on my hand( no kidding) a man and a woman showed up and said I had 15 minutes to play and that would be my score ( that was time I remember 15 minutes ). Well, I lost all my lives in 8 minutes. They took photos of my Tv and left. They said I would get a certificate in the mail. Well, I never heard back from them. Now that I look back and now that I play Atari again, I wish I had received that certificate. True story. Had to share it. Questions.

FRYING is not allowed in this competition.

• Like 2

:-o :-o :-o Soooo, our moderator and score keeper is a confessed CHEAT!!!! :evil: :lolblue: LMAO!!! Nice little bit of Atari history Voc, did Curt interview you for the book on how the atari SS sniped ya!! I knew about the game 1 thing, it's actually 3 shots on screen at once, from what I read/understand thats in the "code" of the game, and can be duplicated any/every time, again as Zoyx stated on game 1 only. Sounds like the other stuff is fairly random. And more likely to "fry" your beloved 2600. At least the switches. Anyway, I'm using my super SWEET Harmony cart, wouldn't take the chance of "frying" that gold nugget!! Oh, and this game 6 B/B, is uhh, challenging. :twisted: One last note, if I posted things I did as a young teen on the web, well, more than Atari SS would be looking for me ;-).
  • Like 1

@ Gorfy and CraftsmanMike. Very funny!

Did they actually know about FRYING back then?

Who were those people?

Where is my damn certificate?

I will always remember that story.

Story time is over get back to playing slackers!

• Like 2

@ Gorfy and CraftsmanMike. Very funny!

Did they actually know about FRYING back then?

Who were those people?

Where is my damn certificate?

I will always remember that story.

Story time is over get back to playing slackers!

I think maybe Scabbler15 might have an inside scoop these people??

The certificate would be a cool piece of memorabilia.

GAME-ON!!!

• Like 1

Game 6 B/B: 5935

post-34560-0-72812200-1369787046_thumb.jpg

in an earlier game today (score 5440) I defeated two waves of lowest invaders !

R.I.S. (rollage in sight)

since then I keep getting slaughtered as soon as they get that low & can't seem to get my groove for it again

Here's my first score for the 6 b/b mode, 3010 I should be able to roll the standard game 1, but don't have time now...this variation is pretty tough...and just a hint for those that didn't know/didn't realize there can only be two invader bullets on screen at once....small detail that comes in handy

post-223-0-21775100-1369787869_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I think maybe Scabbler15 might have an inside scoop these people??

The certificate would be a cool piece of memorabilia.

GAME-ON!!!

I don't know who they were, but they were clearly not from the Marden-Kane judging organization. If they would have been, Vocelli would certainly have gotten that certificate. ;)

• Like 1

"Increase speed! Drop down and reverse direction!"

"Har har! Drop down, reverse direction. Prepare for landing."

Some improvement on game 6 B/B: 3090. Very likely my last attempt in this alien genocide, since I will go on a 5-day vacation very early tomorrow. No idea how you guys do it... insane scores!

post-34656-0-95973700-1369806024_thumb.jpg

Edited by karokoenig

Game 6 B/B: 6,255

post-34560-0-53923700-1369815605_thumb.jpg

almost beat 2nd wave of lowest invaders but BLEW IT !!

to anyone who may want to squish a few extra points out of each wave--

i found yesterday that if you leave 8 invaders alive while hunting ufo's until attackers get too low...

you can squeeze for some extra points

Until yesterday I always had the style of just killing everything all at once in a pattern, getting two ufo's per wave.

The hard setting slowed me down & I started noticing a 3rd ufo...

• Like 1

Game 6 : 635

post-34056-0-35601400-1369846089_thumb.png

Game 1: Rollage

post-34056-0-06499900-1369846104_thumb.pngpost-34056-0-98359000-1369846102_thumb.png

Game 6 is sadistic...I honestly do not know how you guys are doing it.... :?

I take on the first two stages as normal, but when the 3rd stage rolls around I wait until the invaders drop down one level and the shields disappear.

In this game the shields are more of a harm than good, so the quicker they disappear, the better.

Its pure reflexes. I streamed my 5305 run on Monday. :) I usually stream all my attempts, and then if its good enough or if I happen to roll it, I'll upload it to youtube and post on here.