IGNORED

Generation VIII

So the new console generation is just around the corner, and all 4 consoles have been announced. The question is, who will you be backing and why?

Personally I am undecided between the ps4 and the Ouya. The wii u has no games and the Xbox one looks like it's going to go Xtinct.

The Ouya is laughable right now and supposedly feels cheap (well, it's not like it's expensive, but is something that falls apart in your hands something you really want as a primary system?). On the other hand, I don't believe it was ever intended to compete directly with the larger companies' platforms. You get what you pay for though, I suppose.

As far as the Wii U, it might not have games now, but I see that as a temporary issue. Like other systems have in the past, the drought will end and we will start seeing games released on a more frequent basis. Nintendo might even surprise us at E3. We'll see what happens.

As far as the PS4, me personally, it's looking like the more appealing pick if I sat it next to the One. I already have a U, so I'm good there. If I decide I want to upgrade further, I'll probably invest in a PS4.

Well I'm watching Netflix on a shiny new Wii U right now.

To be honest though, I'll go where the Nintendo games are. That's always been on their own consoles which I'll buy as a primary or secondary console until they no longer make hardware. Unless things change drastically with the Xbone, it is definitely going to be a solid pass for me. I'm still in wait and see mode on the PS4. If they get Nippon Ichi and Atlus exclusivity I will probably get a PS4.

I've got a U and it's good enough for me. I've never really been a Nintendo booster but I simply couldn't care less what MS&Sony have to offer anymore. Stuff like Mario, Metroid, and Zelda are where my tastes and interests lie these days.

I'm not sure what I'll end up getting. Sony hasn't even shown off their actual console. Microsoft has only told me about TV, sports, stupid gestures, a service dog, and Forza 5. I can already watch tv, sports, make stupid gestures and play forza 4. I don't really care about shooting at things while walking around with a dog. I also don't care about playing Forza 5 since most likely it won't work with the steering wheel that works with my Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. There's a snowball's chance in hell of me getting a Wii U or the android cellphone you plug into your tv that can't make calls.

Ouya is already in my hands and has one more game on it than I want from wii-u (one total), so I guess I back it by default. I'm not a huge fan, but that may change for the better if gameloft, ea or polarbit come aboard, and the console itself shakes out a few more issues.

xbone doesn't sound like its for me, but I'll keep considering it.

wii-u doesn't have any games for me and as near as I can see has none on the horizon. It also appears to be weaker than my last gen systems, so why upgrade?

*if* ps4 goes a few years without turning totally evil, *and* it supports my racing wheel, *and* a gran turismo game is out on it that is decent, I *may* buy one in 2015-2016

so Ouya then. *miserable sigh*

I do have a gaming PC now too, which seems like a lot less hassle than console gaming.

Edited by Reaperman

Too early to decide. Most information people have isn't official, and a lot of what we are hearing seems to be opinion, not fact. Has Xbox and/or PS4 even shown gameplay of any of the games that are available? Have they even announced a launch lineup? I dunno, if I'm going to buy a game console, I'll wait for game information.

• 3 weeks later...