IGNORED

How rare is Akalabeth (Ultima 0)?

I'm specifically referring to the one published by California Pacific Computers and not the original one Richard sold directly from his computer store. Also, how much do these fetch for typically?

Edited by PDog

I'm specifically referring to the one published by California Pacific Computers and not the original one Richard sold directly from his computer store. Also, how much do these fetch for typically?

Do you have a copy, or are you looking for one? :grin:

It's very rare and difficult to find an original copy. I've only seen them on ebay a few times but I *think* one went for over $50.

The program is very easy to copy and producing a fake would be easy so buyer beware at any price IMHO.

It's very rare and difficult to find an original copy. I've only seen them on ebay a few times but I *think* one went for over $50.

The program is very easy to copy and producing a fake would be easy so buyer beware at any price IMHO.

Yea...they go for WAY more than $50.

• 5 weeks later...

I do own a original Akalabeth. There are 3 editions sold by California Pacific. The one with the castle on the cover, the one with the demon on the cover and the progame edition.

The one with the castle is much more valuable than the one with the demon and the progame edition is the least valuable. (not counting the original 12 copies)

The castle edition goes for way over 1K. I think the highest price it ever sold for was 5200$.

The edition i have is the demon edition with original disk and manual but without the cover sheet. I got it with a lot of other games for something between 900$ and 1000$, i dont remember the exact price. But there was been some other valuable games included like Ultima II 1st edition (with erata sheet).

It's actualy not that rare of a game in comparision to other RPG's from that time (which i happen to collect). It's just the most valuable.

Edited by Thorium

• 3 years later...

I have a disk only edition of the programe edition of Akalabeth. Just curious on how many were made of that specific run. I scored this with a bunch of other RPGS disk only in a shoe box of a thrift store in Stockton CA that was going out of business in the mid 2000s.