IGNORED

SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB 3rd run

Mine arrived today as well!

For Linux users, there's an easier way to get going quickly than rebuilding the ftdi-sio drivers (especially since the version on the DVD is quite old):

sudo modprobe ftdi-sio vendor=0x0403 product=0x83b0

loads the existing driver and maps it to the SIO2PC/10502PC ids.

I don't suppose the product id is "official", is it? I could submit a patch for the kernel so that future versions just work...

Thanks for a neat little device!

• Like 1

Mine arrived today as well!

For Linux users, there's an easier way to get going quickly than rebuilding the ftdi-sio drivers (especially since the version on the DVD is quite old):

sudo modprobe ftdi-sio vendor=0x0403 product=0x83b0

loads the existing driver and maps it to the SIO2PC/10502PC ids.

I don't suppose the product id is "official", is it? I could submit a patch for the kernel so that future versions just work...

Thanks for a neat little device!

The Product Id and Vendor ID were assigned to me by FTDI at no cost (free), however when I program the EEPROM with those ids, FTDI driver installation files needs to be updated (Atari8Warez drivers that come with the DVD are such drivers). I am not sure if I (or you) could submit a patch, have to check that with FTDI. If we could that would be great. Customized Product ID and Vendor Id also invalidates the original driver signatures, FTDI does not provide driver signing services for custom IDs (at least not for free).

I should perhaps refresh drivers on the DVD as those drivers were up to date as of last year.

Edited by atari8warez

Atari8warez, it seems a great device!

I'm really interested in buying your SIO2PC/10502PC dual-USB.

Please, could you tell me how much the shipment in Italy would cost and what I have to do to confirm an order ?

Ciao from Italy

Hello Andre, the shipment to Italy is $10 just like everywhere else in Europe. Your total cost would be $55. Just PM me with your full name and shipping address and I'll give you the Paypal payment info.

Thank you.

Ray

Edited by atari8warez

Thank you for your interest, the postage is a flat fee of $10 to everywhere... I have one unit left from this run so PM me with your details (full name, address, LED color etc.).

Best Regards

Ray

Hi,

I sent payment through PayPal...I'll PM my address and else.

Thanks

DA

Just received mine, wow, in less than three days...(pays to be local) :) at any rate, very nice construction, Just going through the disk of goodies that came with it...

:) cheers :) then I will give it a shot. :) Cheers, and thanks for a great product... :) I hope I can get it working with my raspberry pi ... :)

Hi,

I forgot to ask about the warranty you offer with your SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB 3rd run.

I ask as there is no mention of it in any of your postings.

Thanks,

DA

It has lifetime warranty on parts and workmanship so long as the device was not tempered with and/or modified. One exception is the USB Cable as it is not made by me.

Edited by atari8warez

The Product Id and Vendor ID were assigned to me by FTDI at no cost (free), however when I program the EEPROM with those ids, FTDI driver installation files needs to be updated (Atari8Warez drivers that come with the DVD are such drivers). I am not sure if I (or you) could submit a patch, have to check that with FTDI. If we could that would be great. Customized Product ID and Vendor Id also invalidates the original driver signatures, FTDI does not provide driver signing services for custom IDs (at least not for free).

That's good, the Product ID is yours to keep so it's safe to add to a driver for general consumption. I wasn't thinking of contacting FTDI, but just sending a patch to add the identifiers to the in-kernel driver (which is what ends up being used by end-users). I can take care of it if that's OK with you!

just sending a patch to add the identifiers to the in-kernel driver (which is what ends up being used by end-users). I can take care of it if that's OK with you!

Sure no problem, in fact I've seen many people already added their own id's to the in-kernel driver when I examined the Linux files. Since you know the details on how to submit those changes and since I am not a Linux person, it would just make my life and the Linux user's lives easier :).

Edited by atari8warez

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends,

I have received my SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB interface and I've already tested...

WONDERFUL !!!

It's small and nice and it works perfectly ! The installation is easy and the instructions are clear... and the DVD included is full of interesting stuff ;)

It absolutely worth the price

Thank you