IGNORED

1980's Betamax and VHS tapes TV recordings

Grig

Hello, I am still looking for Betamax or VHS tapes with TV recordings on them, 1980's or 1970's please. PM me if you have some you'd like to get rid of, I'll pay for media mail shipping. Thank you!

• Like 2

I have one on Beta that I just transferred: Television Our Life And Times from Channel 9 over here in NJ. It's from 1985. Would $10 shipped Priority be good. I know you say Media Mail, but it's a pain to get there like that(besides media mail is around 2.50 for a Beta)

I have one on Beta that I just transferred: Television Our Life And Times from Channel 9 over here in NJ. It's from 1985. Would $10 shipped Priority be good. I know you say Media Mail, but it's a pain to get there like that(besides media mail is around 2.50 for a Beta)

Hi. Thanks for the offer. $10 shipped is too much for one tape. I usually only pay around .50 to $1.00 shipped per tape, plus I try to get them in bulk. Sounds interesting, though. How long is the program? I'm not in any hurry to get tapes so media mail works great.

What do you do with them?

I record the commercials/specials/interviews onto DVD then I catalog them by year, type of recording and/or product/town/celebrity etc. My plan is to upload to Youtube so others can enjoy. I will probably also offer some special DVD's to anyone at Atari Age who wants them.

• Like 5

I'll have to talk with my grandfather, but my great grandfather has a very large collection of VHS recordings that we're looking to get rid of. They're mostly movies he recorded off of TV. I have no idea of their condition or quality, though they are labeled at least. There's probably a hundred tapes or more, each with a couple films. Let me know if you're interested.

• 1 month later...

Bump, still looking. I have been able to trade with a few people, thanks a million!

There's someone in my family that has a huge amount, but they were recorded in EP mode on cheap tapes.

I will inquire with them to see if they'd be interested in selling them.

There's someone in my family that has a huge amount, but they were recorded in EP mode on cheap tapes.

I will inquire with them to see if they'd be interested in selling them.

No problem, just let me know. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How about Betamax recordings that have already been transferred to DVD in SP mode? I have some good band footage from my friends "The Want" in between the TV stuff if you want to see it. Then I could just copy the ISOs to new discs for you instead of doing any editing.

There are things on some of them like News from Seattle's channel 4 and 5. I believe some footage is from 1984 and some is from 1988. There are even game shows and the like.

Edited by TheGameCollector

• 1 month later...

I spent the week cleaning out my mom's garage and found 2 boxes full of beta tapes. One is mostly 1988 and 1984 olympics plus other assorted TV shows and movies from the 80's. There are approx 50 tapes in each box and they weigh approx 30 lbs each. I was hoping to find an old Beta player but no luck yet. I'll let you know if I do and would willingly donate it. I checked with USPS.com and looks like it would cost about 15.00 per box. I'm not interested in any profit I just hate to throw them in the landfill.

Are you interested?

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I don't have any tapes... I just wanted to say that the 80's was a great time. (except for most of the sluggish pollution controlled cars). Atari was in its glory days, The Ronald Reagan / Margaret Thatcher combo was Awesome, and they brought down the Wall and defeated the opression of communism... The economy was booming... so many great things, Great music, during that time, as well...

• Like 2

I spent the week cleaning out my mom's garage and found 2 boxes full of beta tapes. One is mostly 1988 and 1984 olympics plus other assorted TV shows and movies from the 80's. There are approx 50 tapes in each box and they weigh approx 30 lbs each. I was hoping to find an old Beta player but no luck yet. I'll let you know if I do and would willingly donate it. I checked with USPS.com and looks like it would cost about 15.00 per box. I'm not interested in any profit I just hate to throw them in the landfill.

Are you interested?

Very interested, sent you a PM. Thanks!

I'm sorry, I don't have any tapes... I just wanted to say that the 80's was a great time. (except for most of the sluggish pollution controlled cars). Atari was in its glory days, The Ronald Reagan / Margaret Thatcher combo was Awesome, and they brought down the Wall and defeated the opression of communism... The economy was booming... so many great things, Great music, during that time, as well...

I love the 80s, such a special time for me. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well I found two working Betamax players over the weekend for a grand total of $10 - and one of them is a super Betamax. Yippee! Thanks to everyone who has donated tapes. I am interested in more old Betamax TV recordings if you have them, the last batch I got had some fantastic TV shows but unfortunately almost all of the commercials were cut out - and there were some very early 1980s recordings there. Anyway, PM me if you want your old Betamax or VHS tapes to go to a good home.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Most are okay with sending me the tapes. I have received some DVD's but usually it's the tapes. Media Mail is not that expensive so I can receive a lot of tapes for a low cost. Most everything can be found on DVD now but the stuff that is specialty I preserve and upload to my Youtube channel (After These Messages - check it out). Youtube blocks a lot of stuff so it can be a daunting task; however, I have been able to upload some great older original broadcast TV most with commercials. I am also available to either send the tapes back or send some DVD copies of the tapes which I have done on an occasion or two.

• Like 1