IGNORED

1980's Betamax and VHS tapes TV recordings

Grig

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to AcousticGuitar for the tapes he's sending me, I will get them recorded and posted on my channel as soon as I can. I am still looking for more tapes. I am almost done posting the Columbus commercials, only a few more to go.

Thanks to AcousticGuitar for the tapes he's sending me, I will get them recorded and posted on my channel as soon as I can. I am still looking for more tapes. I am almost done posting the Columbus commercials, only a few more to go.

Is there a link to the channel somewhere? Sorry it's off topic, I just want to see the fruits of your labour!

Is there a link to the channel somewhere? Sorry it's off topic, I just want to see the fruits of your labour!

Just search for "After These Messages" on youtube and my videos will come up

Just search for "After These Messages" on youtube and my videos will come up

That's just fantastic, what great work you're doing! Watching your channel really made me wish I had grown up in that era. I've always been really interested in the 80's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still looking for 70s/80s TV recordings on Betamax or VHS. I love it when someone PM's me, tells me they have some tapes, asks me if i want them, I respond with a 'yes' and they never PM back. Good times ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure my parents have several tapes recorded from the 80's that they'd be willing to part with. I'll check the next time I visit them. Are you paying anything for them or just the media shipping costs? Also, I sent you a PM about something specific I am looking for. Many thanks!

Thanks, let me know when you can. It just depends - most of the time I am just gifted the tapes and I pay for media mail shipping and other times I will purchase the tapes, it's up to you if you want something for them. I responded to your PM, thank you Grant.

Thanks, let me know when you can. It just depends - most of the time I am just gifted the tapes and I pay for media mail shipping and other times I will purchase the tapes, it's up to you if you want something for them. I responded to your PM, thank you Grant.

Thanks for the response Jon. Ok, I'll check out what they have when I visit and we'll go from there

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump - thanks to the last person who sent me some great Betamax tapes with Scooby Doo on them!

I'm always looking for more tapes!

BTW - check out my YouTube page - "After These Messages" for great 80s commercials and specials.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just spent 2 weeks back in November transferring my box of old VHS tapes onto DVD-R and discarded the tapes afterward.

Why would you discard them? Guess you didn't realize they'll outlast your DVD-R's. Common mistake. Oh and mp3's sound better than cassette tapes. Better throw those away afterwards too... not! :lol:

Why would you discard them? Guess you didn't realize they'll outlast your DVD-R's. Common mistake. Oh and mp3's sound better than cassette tapes. Better throw those away afterwards too... not! :lol:

Well that was only an intermediary between VHS and my computer where I transferred all of the DVD-R's to my media server LOL! And for the record, I prefer to listen to everything on vinyl. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...