IGNORED

Sprite Editor V1.0 with MOUSE support !

rocky007

Here it is my first program using PS/2 mouse driver. That's a simple sprite editor, with very basic functions, but it shows the pleasure of mouse on TI99.

( @ sometimes99er : sorry if i copied your pattern editor, it was a good source of inspiration :D )

I also upgraded the mouse adapter to 1.1 now, fixing some issues.

next project : a game using mouse :-D .. it's a good way for me to improve the driver / adapter.

Here it is the .dsk and source in MLC.

http://youtu.be/_uwVflbHzP4

sprite.zip

Edited by rocky007
  • Like 2

Yes and not... the program will work, but of course the mouse won't be emulated. But you can move the cursor for test using :

left - right - fire : joystick # 1 : left / right mouse + left mouse button

left - right - fire : joystick # 2 : up / down mouse + right mouse button

i somebody interested, i can release a joystick / keyboard version.

Edited by rocky007

i already use 16x16 : 1 line use 2 sprites for the frame borders and 2 for text.

to fit menu & borders in 2 sprites requires to reduce the text size...

another way is to erase the background with char and restore it after closing the menu.

Edited by rocky007

I guess the 4 sprite limit is the crosshair, the popup menu, looks like its only 2 sprites wide (32 pixels), and perhaps the pattern in the upper right corner.

Obviously the pattern in the corner could be ordinary characters instead of a sprite. That saves you one.

When the menu pops, and while it lasts, you could disable/remove the crosshair. That saves you another one.

That should obviously be good/enough for the suggested popup menu background sprites.

Instead the popup menu could use characters, just place it (the menu) somewhere near the crosshair. Obviously you have to save and/or later redraw the editing area. The popup will be 2 colors (of your choice) and could be any size (within reason).

:)

• Like 1

Instead the popup menu could use characters, just place it (the menu) somewhere near the crosshair. Obviously you have to save and/or later redraw the editing area. The popup will be 2 colors (of your choice) and could be any size (within reason).

That's how I'd do it. I think that way is actually simpler than continual sprite re-definition.

i wanted for the mouse demonstration a menu popping instantly exactly below the mouse cursor and not ( in the worst case ) 7 pixels further.

I wanted also keep the backgroung as visible possible to see the transformation on the grid without closing the menu.

but i agree, char offer also advantages : no size restriction, background.

i wanted for the mouse demonstration a menu popping instantly exactly below the mouse cursor and not ( in the worst case ) 7 pixels further.

You should be able to place the upper left corner of the popup below the center of the crosshair. Depending on how you look at it, that’ll give an “offset” of up to 7 pixels. But still you have the crosshair center on the first menu-item. I’d say that’s more than acceptable.

I wanted also keep the backgroung as visible possible to see the transformation on the grid without closing the menu.

I see. And both a nice feature (looking through) and effect. With the character solution, you could automatically leave/quit the menu when an action was selected. As is, you have to click to leave the menu (when all done). Again it’s all a matter of taste. Persoanlly I think I’d prefer the menu to be more “readable”.

Here it is my first program using PS/2 mouse driver. That's a simple sprite editor, with very basic functions, but it shows the pleasure of mouse on TI99.

Nice to see that you're still on MLC !!

Sorry not to help you more.

I read the source, the sequence:

; test border limit

COMPARE A 192
IF>
LET A 192
ENDIF

COMPARE A 1
IF<
LET A 1
ENDIF

COMPARE B 256
IF>
LET B 256
ENDIF

COMPARE B 1
IF<
LET B 1
ENDIF

Can be shortened to:

LIMIT 1 192 A
LIMIT 1 256 B

I saw the video, great work! Fast program.

Guillaume.

Edited by moulinaie