IGNORED

Alamogordo approves Atari excavation

Random Terrain

Look at this:

krqe.com/dpp/news/southeast/alamogordo-approves-atari-excavation

On Tuesday, Alamogordo's City Commission approved a deal with Canada-based film production and entertainment company Fuel Industries to excavate the Atari dump site and create a documentary surrounding the Alamogordo landfill legend.
  • Like 9

Somebody's lying.

Are you positive?

Why do I get the feeling that if this were to actually happen, the documentary would be very reminiscent of the Geraldo Rivera "Al Capone's Vault" debacle . . .

I actually watched that when it was on TV the first time. I lost interest in Geraldo right after that. Most doctors and scientists would call that a coincidence. Others would blame it on aliens!

• Like 4

I actually watched that when it was on TV the first time. What a waste of time.

So did I. That was 2 hours of my life I will never get back...unless I manage to somehow win a contest which forces Geraldo Rivera to perform some mundane 2 hour chore on my behalf, preferably something that I hate to do. Something like peeling labels off of Atari silver label carts. Two hours of watching Geraldo do that would be redemption in my book. Dare to dream! :-D

• Like 4

I remember the vault. Wikipedia says it was empty. I seem to remember them running out of air time before opening it though. Did they air the actual opening of the vault or was he just stalling for time at the end?

Anyway, nothing good will come of this. Albert needs to be there anyway to see if he can salvage carts to make 1 million copies of Princess Escape.

Are you positive?

I think so, this guy says he saw the goods buried in the Alamogordo landfill however in the ET landfill thread we learned...

"Ray Kassar's statement of 3.5 million out of the 5 million produced was returned was correct, and they were burried in a landfill along with a lot of the other stock from the major distribution centers across the country; however it wasn't in New Mexico."

So if those millions of ETs weren't buried in New Mexico according to one source, and they were buried in Alamogordo according to this source, then I would have to think someone was lying or maybe confused.

as for the dig....thats cool, but what about the rerturn back to the states. police will prob stop u at the border...split all the cases open and plant dope in each game making it the largest imposter dope bust in mexico history. good luck

as for the dig....thats cool, but what about the rerturn back to the states. police will prob stop u at the border...split all the cases open and plant dope in each game making it the largest imposter dope bust in mexico history. good luck

It's in New Mexico NOT Mexico! New Mexico is a state. :mad:

.... just like Canada.

• Like 4

Speaking of Canada, when is the USA going to stop farting around and add 12 more states to the union? Seems like every other TV star or movie star in the USA is Canadian, and it looks like over half of the stuff we watch is filmed in Canada, so let's absorb Canada and finally become one nation.

• Like 5

new mexico....old mexico.. its all the same to me, im from michigan. I was thinking about mexico country though. I didnt realize there would be so much angst. if it counts, I cant speak new mexican or old mexican so count me out on the dig volunteer service. a

I'm still willing to be the carts were crushed. Landfills at the time crushed the garbage by rolling heavy equipment over it. The idea with many is that the land can one day be built over.

Yeah, I really doubt anything in there is salvageable, nor do I believe that's why they'll be digging. It will still be quite interesting to learn just what was buried, if anything.

..Al

• Like 1