IGNORED

Alamogordo approves Atari excavation

Random Terrain

Any groundbreaking? Some kind of photo proof with construction workers and bulldozers and guys with shovels? Anything???

I can't find any new info. Nothing here either:

fuelentertainment.com/media-room/

twitter.com/Fuelindustries

twitter.com/burnstribe

youtube.com/user/fuelindustries/videos

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22766511

Fuel Entertainment - which has offices in Ottawa, Canada and Los Angeles and Seattle in the US - has six months to carry out its search, to coincide with the 30th anniversary.

The story was datelined in early June, so it would appear that their permit to dig has now expired.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22766511

The story was datelined in early June, so it would appear that their permit to dig has now expired.

Now we'll never know what lies buried beneath. :_( If they needed funding, they could have run a Kickstarter project. Tons of people would have paid top $$$ for a shot at owning a piece of the buried Atari "loot".

• 2 weeks later...

Im Surprised Speilberg didnt try and buy this effort out or block it somehow, Afterall it does highlight that his efforts indirectly being tied to one of the Epic sized mythical disasters ever to hit the games market - period.

He could buy the land and stop this happening easily i would think (or he dosent really care that much more?)

Im Surprised Speilberg didnt try and buy this effort out or block it somehow, Afterall it does highlight that his efforts indirectly being tied to one of the Epic sized mythical disasters ever to hit the games market - period.

He could buy the land and stop this happening easily i would think (or he dosent really care that much more?)

It wasn't him [spielberg, but he happy cashed that check]. Steve Ross, the WB chairman, forced Atari Inc. to pay Spielberg $25 million. It was part of his effort to lure Spielberg away from Universal and into the influence of Warner Bros. Pictures. He also had WB foot the bill for paying for Spielberg to move into his newer house. The strategy did pay off a bit because Spielberg committed to making half of his films with WB but he didn't fully break away from Universal due to his loyalty to Lew Wasserman. Unfortunately, Ross's plans hurt Atari Inc. and then dragged down Warner's stock price.

After using YouTube Downloader for a while I've found them sneaking in PUPs with their software updates. You may want to check out aTube Catcher.

I use Download Flash and Video:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-flash-and-video/

Works great at YouTube. When I'm at some obscure web site where it doesn't work, I use DownloadHelper:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Don't hold your breath. Since when has ANYONE followed though with proving or dis-proving this whole Alamogordo thing, just a bunch of hot air as always, and this one included.

Edited by Rik