IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - May 31st 2013

Pixelboy

I gotta agree with Grips03 here. I started a topic on this a while back hoping that someone could provide a hack of the controls for Frontline that make more sense. You can play it with a regular controller but you have to press 1,2,3 together to throw grenades or jump into/out of the tank which is crazy. The MSX version has it correct I think. If you play it in an emulator you shoot/throw grenades in the direction that your man is heading which makes sense. As long as someone is going to do it, I think that it should be done right. IMHO

I totally disagree. Strafing is an extremely important feature in FrontLine, especially when you're driving a tank. For that, you need to be able to rotate your aim and move around independently.

Perhaps both control options could be provided via a menu?

Not a bad idea, but then PixelBoy would have to include two different sets of Overlays and an in-game controller setup menu might not be easily added. This would also mean more work hacking the rom for Opcode.

By the way, there's something I forgot to mention in the first post of this thread: Aside from pending pre-orders, I have 22 available copies left of Quest for the Golden Chalice. It may seem like a lot, but once those 22 copies are gone, I will be out of boxes, so the game will be permanently sold out! Princess Quest is in a similar situation: Pre-orders aside, I have 28 copies left, and once those are gone, the game will also be permanently sold out. So if anyone out there is on the fence about buying a copy of either game, don't wait too long... ;)

Noooo!!! Not permanently!!! *attempts to erase permanently* Sigh...written by a permanent marker...

What am I complaining about, I have Quest for the Golden Chalice and about to get Princess Quest finally maybe this week. I can finally play Princess Quest since I'm eager to play it and enjoy the awesome smooth scrolling ^_^.

These games are great and abuse the Colecovision's graphic chip quite nicely. I recommend these 2 new original games for your Colecovision. Send an email to Pixelboy ^_^ and buy these 2 games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...