IGNORED

Plus/4 emulator for atari st ?

Hi i just wanted to know if there is a commodore Plus/4 emulator for atari st ?

because i know there is one for amiga but i have no way of transfering it to my amiga

i do own a atari 1040 ste model and a atari st 520 fm computer

ohh and btw i do own a real plus 4 computer but at the moment it has no power pack or joystick and it doesn't take the standard 9 pin joysticks which is anoying that's why i wanted to run it on atari st lol

is there any emulators that atari st can run ?

Edited by max84

There are decent ZX81, Spectrum and CP/M emulators for the ST, so apparently the 68000 is able to emulate a Z80. I doubt it will emulate a C64 decently, though - Uwe Seimet tried it and failed.

COOL where can i download these emulators ?

The ZX81 and Spectrum emulators are both available at http://cd.textfiles.com/crawlycrypt1/apps/misc/, e.g. (the latter is in the folder named zx_sp207), a newer version of the ZX 81 emulator can be found here http://cd.textfiles.com/atarilibrary/atari_cd04/EMULATOR/ZX81_21/ instead.

I was unable to locate the CP/M emulator that fast - but I guess it's the most uninteresting of the three.

Hmm, quick question - so this line of accelerators has nothing to do with the Fast Technology (Jim Allen) boards?

I've got a couple, and they are all named the same way. They came in various speed ranges. I've personally

got a T16 and T25. AFAIK, there were also T28 and T36 models.

Thanks.

Edited by DarkLord

Hmm, quick question - so this line of accelerators has nothing to do with the Fast Technology (Jim Allen) boards?

I've got a couple, and they are all named the same way. They came in various speed ranges. I've personally

got a T16 and T25. AFAIK, there were also T28 and T36 models.

In that case, I may be wrong, I only knew of the H&N boards of that kind.

There was an old Atari 8-bit emulator that ran on the Atari ST. It suffered from the obvious drawbacks ... 4th sound channel not emulated (the ST has only three), and the Graphics 9 mode only has 8 greyscale, not 16 (because the ST's 512 color palette only has 8 greys).

And way too slow for running any games on. It was good for running Atari BASIC programs on however. Plus I also used it to create some interesting text displays and use a screen capture program to save it as a Degas pic.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been messing with the spectrum emulator, it almost runs at full speed on a 28MHz 68000 STFM.

Photo :)

https://www.facebook...46&l=f66886c437

Excellent stuff! :)

The Plus/4 does still have pixel scroll in hardware I think, just no sprites, and the CPU IIRC is 1.79mhz approx and is a 65xx one so a fair bit more to emulate via 8mhz 68k. TED is not the most advanced of custom chips but it sounds an awful lot like the best of the Atari 2600 games and the 128 (121...not counting other 7 shades of black!) colours may not be available via the ST 3bit RGB colour control registers so some approximation might be required there. But if someone is working on one I wouldn't say no :) Very underrated machine actually. I think Elite on it would have been good for a start (epic explosions lol).

• 1 year later...