IGNORED

HSC Season #4 - Game 3 Congo Bongo

Scores will be accepted until June 16th in Noon Central... GL!

Scores for "Congo Bongo" - FINAL

1. Ignorama - 68,400 ( +10 )
  2. Oscar G. - 38,260 ( +9 )
  3. WispFollower - 32,100 ( +8 )
  4. cparsley - 31,710 ( +6 )
  5. felson42 - 19,630 ( +4 )
  6. jblenkle - 14,200 ( +2 )
  7. darthkur - 13,290 ( +1 )
  8. roadrunner - 4,910 ( +1 )
  9. Liduario - 4,510 ( +1 )

HSC Season Stats -- Thru 2 games

1. Ignorama - 19

2. Oscar G. - 13

3. cparsley - 12

4. INTVDude - 10

5. felson42 - 9

6. JacobZu7 - 7 (tied)

7. WispFollower - 7 (tied)

8. mr_intv - 3 (tied*)

9. Liduario - 3 (tied*)

10. darthkur - 2 (tied^)

11. RoadRunner - 2 (tied^)

12. jblenkle - 2 (tied^)

Edited by cparsley

You jumped over the red fishes too and passed the baffalos? When I climp on the top were the monkey sleeps the character lights the torch and burns the monkey automatically, I just have to climp on the highest platform. Are you playing on original hardware or emulator? If its an Emulator may try another ROM

Yeah, from what you say there must be something wrong with the rom...I only see hippos...no fish...I was puzzled by that as I know they are on that screen on the ColecoVision version. The coconuts the monkey throws down on the first screen also fade in and out, sometimes becoming invisible.

You jumped over the red fishes too and passed the baffalos? When I climp on the top were the monkey sleeps the character lights the torch and burns the monkey automatically, I just have to climp on the highest platform. Are you playing on original hardware or emulator? If its an Emulator may try another ROM

OK, that's very interesting...I get all that, but when I jump on the hippo I do not jump on the platform/island and no fish appear...I ride the hippo all the way across and jump to the other side, just barely making it...in fact, when I jump, I scramble a bit like I'm about to fall back in the water, but eventually get up and climb to the top with the monkey. I didn't know you were supposed to get the fire and light the monkey on fire. The ColecoVision version goes to the next level when you climb up to the same level the monkey is on.

Is should look like this, if not you arent playing the correct version :)

http://youtu.be/DWNIGaIPnTc

Yes, I believe it is buggy. I just played again and took the direct Hippo route. I couldn't pick up any fire to burn the ape...I will try the fish route next...

So skip the fishes? I never tried to jump directly from the hippo to the other side of the river, maybe this causes the problems. The game is buggy as hell, just try the normal way and use the fishes, I guess it works then.

New Score: 38.750

I start to like the game, but its depends too much to furtuity to be a good game at all. Sometimes you cant avoid the death. I dont like games were its just a question of luck if you go on or die.

post-35236-0-16173400-1370868134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignorama

I dont know if I would agree. The game isnt really bad, but it has some bugs and it can tease you. Take my new score: I hat a good run til the 6th Level, but then I lost three lives with no chance of surviving (the damn fishes dived away while I was on the back of them)

Without that frustrating element the game is pretty good. The trick is to avoid ANY senseless death. This means not even one single life should be lost in the first screen, this screen is really playable. Also the second screen is almost perfect playable, the only part where you cant avoid losing lifes sometimes is the part with the fishes.

New Score: 68.400

post-35236-0-44223400-1370913427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignorama