IGNORED

HSC10 Round 9: Berzerk

@trbb, you got the top 2 scores wrong.

ULF's Berzerk (he sure is)

1st trbb 250 2pts

2nd roadrunner 240 1pt

It should be 240 and 230

And how can Ulf have a rating of just 2.2 at Atarimania?

That has to be one of the lowest ratings on that site.

Edited by roadrunner

I'd just like to say I went through hell posting that - not just because of that bastard Otto. My main computer died and I had to go back to my BeOS P3 machine. Unfortunately, Atariage is no longer compatible with that old BonEcho browser. I had to turn javascript off to type anything, but I could only add attachments with javascript on. To use an Airplane quote, "What a pisser".

• Like 1

I'd just like to say I went through hell posting that - not just because of that bastard Otto. My main computer died and I had to go back to my BeOS P3 machine. Unfortunately, Atariage is no longer compatible with that old BonEcho browser. I had to turn javascript off to type anything, but I could only add attachments with javascript on. To use an Airplane quote, "What a pisser".

:grin:

I came here with the sole purpose of annoying bountybob. Here, choke on this!:

I love it when a plan backfires :P apart from the beating my score part :mad:

screen shots optional if that's any help... looking forward to the battle for 2nd place

BonEcho what's that some crazy Canadian thing? you sure you're not trying to post scores using a sugary snack ;)

@trbb, you got the top 2 scores wrong.

ULF's Berzerk (he sure is)

1st trbb 250 2pts

2nd roadrunner 240 1pt

It should be 240 and 230

And how can Ulf have a rating of just 2.2 at Atarimania?

That has to be one of the lowest ratings on that site.

oops!

Even I gave It a 3 in the Ratings and Records saying that it was the new souped up version with faster screen clear and high score feature :D If I wasn't meant to be programming my assembler game for the abbuc contest I would see if I could improve it by making some space near the player - you could add some more room layouts (there are only3) fairly easily go on rr get coding some BASIC! Maybe it will get a 4 after this times play :ponder:

oops!

Even I gave It a 3 in the Ratings and Records saying that it was the new souped up version with faster screen clear and high score feature :D If I wasn't meant to be programming my assembler game for the abbuc contest I would see if I could improve it by making some space near the player - you could add some more room layouts (there are only3) fairly easily go on rr get coding some BASIC! Maybe it will get a 4 after this times play :ponder:

I don't know how to code.

Maybe make the player a bit smaller?

The difficult thing about Ulf's Berzerk is there's no easy points.

The robots don't shoot or walk into each other, and don't get killed by the walls.

Edited by roadrunner

BonEcho what's that some crazy Canadian thing? you sure you're not trying to post scores using a sugary snack ;)

No, BonEcho is the buggy BeOS version of Firefox 2. (low sugar, hardly any calories unless you eat it with more than 5 add-ons)

I got that score on real NTSC 800XL, by the way. I see you're cheating... I mean... using PAL.

I don't know how the hell orpheuswaking got that score with NTSC. I think we should do a drug test to see if he's using illegal muscle enhancers on his joystick fingers.

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

16,480 2nd place is mine ;)

post-19705-0-79245500-1370902613.jpg

up to today's goes I thought the maze was a bit sparse but today I had loads of (linked) walls! Anyone else notice this - perhaps there is a switch that is set on load didn't seem to be just random... another conspiracy theory or perhaps I'm just playing too much :ponder:

If you're someone (Mr.A!) who only wants to play your favourite games then the Round 10 Discussion is the place to suggest 5 for the entire next vote (or a theme round or something) the vote will go up on Tuesday so see who's we go for, then a 2nd vote to pick the game (if necessary) :)

post-19705-0-99916300-1370902624.jpg

post-19705-0-48531000-1370902626.jpg

post-19705-0-10213000-1370902628.jpg

post-19705-0-01347500-1370902630.jpg