IGNORED

HSC10 Round 9: Berzerk

Whew! It was tough, but I beat bountybob... by one point!

You're not going to like this then... 18,900 ;)

post-19705-0-90813900-1371406243.jpg

just had my final session so you have another 2hrs 45mins (this is possibly a p.b.)

also improved on KE got to the Invaders (round23) 2,115 they seem to get less stupid at round 20 :ponder:

post-19705-0-77031200-1371406249.jpg

I give up. I've been over 10,000 with 3 lives around 10 times, but then the bullets are way too fast. (in NTSC... I bet it's pretty easy in PAL... nudge nudge, bountybob ;) )

In the middle of getting my highest score, the phone rang and in that microsecond moment where I thought, "Oh shit, there's no way to pause it!" that's where I walked into a wall.

I give up. I've been over 10,000 with 3 lives around 10 times, but then the bullets are way too fast. (in NTSC... I bet it's pretty easy in PAL... nudge nudge, bountybob ;) )

In the middle of getting my highest score, the phone rang and in that microsecond moment where I thought, "Oh shit, there's no way to pause it!" that's where I walked into a wall.

you walked into a wall?! could be another Berzerk casualty :D

I had 4 men at 10K for the first time but blew it... well it's all over folks joysticks down, and paintshop pro or whatever it is these days :ponder:

ok final tables in a moment and looks like we have a deciding vote....

Conrgatulations to orpheuswaking for being the most Berzerk and beating his HSC record along the way :thumbsup: he led all the way and unlike last round was not pipped at the post (drat!).

The BASIC bonus games weren't quite so bad (will try harder next time :evil: ]

Roadrunner is king of ULF, adam242 the top prober and BerSerker and if you want to repel androids from your nuclear reactor you know who to call ;)

Thanks for playing everyone (yes even you) and we move on to round 10 :)

Final tables:

Berzerk

1st orpheuswaking (N) 24,860 14pts*

2nd therealbountybob 18,900 11pts

3rd Mr.Amiga500 (N) 15,600 11pts

4th McKong 10,600 9pts

5th adam242 9,150 8pts

6th firestorm 8,550 7pts

7th darthkur (N) 8,270 7pts

8th a8isa1 (N) 8,170 2pts

9th Gury 7,830 1pt

10th Goochman (N) 7,390 6pts

11th boxpressed (N) 7,180 5pts

12th jblenkle (N) 6,460 5pts

13th roadrunner (N) 6,420 4pts

14th Sikor 5,600 4pts

15th Fallout_002 (N) 5,540 4pts

16th Liduario 4,870 2pts

17th bluecat 2,260 1pt

*+1pt for beating HSC record

N+1pt for NTSC players

Bad bonus games (1pt for playing +1pt for winning)

Android Attack

1st trbb 1,815 2pts

2nd McKong 753 1pt

3rd Gury 552 1pt

4th adam242 384 1pt

5th darthkur 331 1pt

6th bluecat 82 1pt

7th jblenkle 75 1pt

Rebel Probe (+1pt for highest score on each level - get to the corner door!)

adam242 e348, m423, h497 3pts

bluecat e334 1pt

McKong e348, m423, h496 2pts

roadrunner e344, m391, h457 1pt

darthkur e344 1pt

trbb e305 m413 h470

ULF's Berzerk (he sure is)

1st roadrunner 310 2pts

2nd McKong 270 1pt

3rd trbb 240 1pt

4th adam242 140 1pt

5th Gury 110 1pt

KE Soft Berserk (v2)

1st adam242 2,455 2pts

2nd trbb 2,115 1pt

3rd roadrunner 2,105 1pt

4th McKong 1,955 1pt

5th darthkur 1,820 1pt

6th Gury 1,705 1pt

please check your scores (and NTSC bonuses!) :-o :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...

I just came across this post. I am the guy who wrote Android Attack that was published by Pretzelland Software

It made me smile knowing that some people were actually playing it. I only wish I could remember my high scrore for the game. It was pretty high after all the play testing I did.

John

• Like 1

I just came across this post. I am the guy who wrote Android Attack that was published by Pretzelland Software

It made me smile knowing that some people were actually playing it. I only wish I could remember my high scrore for the game. It was pretty high after all the play testing I did.

John

[ah you did post here too!]

Hi John,

nice to hear from you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Android Attack is a fun game and made a nice bonus game for Bezerk :) Was there a story behind Pretzelland? Did you create any other games?

Pretzelland software was started by Bob Ritel. Bob and I met at Aardvark Software which was an OSI (Ohio Scientific my first computer) software house local to both of us. I wrote a Millipede clone for the OSI called Caterpillar and Bob wrote a few text adventure games. When the Atari computer came out we both got excited about it and decided to get one and write some games for it. Aardvark decided not to get into the Atari for some unknown reason and so Bob decided to start Pretzelland. I wrote a few games for him such as Android Attack, Starbase Assault (Starzap clone) and Spider Valley (vertical scroller). I wrote a couple games for The Alien Group to be distributed with their Voice Box II device. One was called Green Goblins (Berker type clone) and the other was a card game called Acey Duecey. Sometime a long the way I wrote a game for ANTIC magazine called Starsector Defense. Later on a buddy of mine and I decided to create a disc based Atari magazine. We called it Prism and the first edition had a couple games I wrote and a few articles. Unfortunately it was a bit late in the Atari's life cycle as the Amiga was announced. A lot of people don't know that the Amiga is really the Atari 800's big brother. Being designed by the same guys many of the internal chips were 16 bit versions of the 800's counterparts. I bought an Amiga 1000 and then later upgraded to the 2000HD (Bob decided to get the AtariST). I wrote a few games for it as well. One of them was a Star Raiders type game called Krillian Incident using the AMOS 3D engine. I also wrote a couple of the earliest modem based games out. One was an Othello clone called Tel-Thello and a Battleship clone.

I have collected emulator compatible files for Android Attack, Green Goblin, Starsector Defense and Krillian Incident. I have not been able to find any of the others. Early day computers were a lot of fun and it is truly is a blast from the past when I look back to those years. I have owned many computers over the years but none are as memorable as my Atari. I still own my Atari 800 and drives. Someday I will dig it out and see if my other game discs still run. There must be someone that knows how to transfer them to ATR format.

14046849441_b25eac1d7f_b.jpg

14050498604_459c80c60c_b.jpg

Someone posted a video of Green Goblins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkt-p1En8iE

Edited by JohnW
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...