IGNORED

repair Help , part tests

Folks , I'm needing a support here. My console is real dead. Open up today and removed the shield , cheked voltages , and visually inspection. power supply is good , I have Vcc on the pcb , removed all chips socketed, re-inserted (they were well tighted to the ICs support etc, ect,.. But at the end all I got is blank screen. Probably the STIC is dead. Just to check my suspect I would like to ask somebody to measure the main Stic Pins(1,17,20,40 ) in a working unity please, with any cart inserted. Also does anybody has a STIC available or can help me buy one ? I'm making some quotes but as it's a chip out of line, probably I'll have some difficulties to find one.

Rgds...

If you're in Michigan you could send me STIC and I could test em. I have an Inty 2 that is naked (no power supply, no working controller, no power supply board, just the mainboard and console shell) that works fine with the missing parts. If your STIC is bad I can swap it with the good STIC.

FWIW Intellivision 2 is easier to salvage parts, they didn't have the RF shield welded together like all other Intellivision systems.

It could be the CPU, or it could be some other problem with the cartridge interface. Check the grounds on the cart slot where you desoldered the shielding.

I'm interested in the chips (except the sound chip) from a dead motherboard to troubleshoot my flakey Inty if there's a set going. My inty runs, but has some bad logic somewhere that causes it to crash, possibly GROM, STIC or EXEC, or maybe CPU. But I'm in Australia :-(

- J

Edited by HunterZero

If you're in Michigan you could send me STIC and I could test em. I have an Inty 2 that is naked (no power supply, no working controller, no power supply board, just the mainboard and console shell) that works fine with the missing parts. If your STIC is bad I can swap it with the good STIC.

FWIW Intellivision 2 is easier to salvage parts, they didn't have the RF shield welded together like all other Intellivision systems.

Thanks for the offer Uzumaki. I'll not take yor offer right now but next week may be I need it.

It could be the CPU, or it could be some other problem with the cartridge interface. Check the grounds on the cart slot where you desoldered the shielding.

I'm interested in the chips (except the sound chip) from a dead motherboard to troubleshoot my flakey Inty if there's a set going. My inty runs, but has some bad logic somewhere that causes it to crash, possibly GROM, STIC or EXEC, or maybe CPU. But I'm in Australia :-(

- J

Cart interface pins checked. Everything is fine. Yes, can be CPU but I'll try STIC and RAM first. Regarding the chips I'm searching a supplier If I find one I advise.

I doubt you can find a supplier of GI chips, they were discontinued years before Al Gore "invented" internet. Your source would have to be used Intellivision. :(

he also "invented" global warming and man-bear-pig! half man, half bear, half pig. :grin: Edited by pimpmaul69

I doubt you can find a supplier of GI chips, they were discontinued years before Al Gore "invented" internet. Your source would have to be used Intellivision. :(

I bet !

"Hi Sir,

Thanks for your inquiry.Quotation Here..

Part No. Description Quantity Brand Unit Price
AY-3-8900-1A NEW & ORIGINAL 4 GI US$6.8/PCS
STOCK OFFER!
PARTS COULD BE SHIP OUT IMMEADITELY!
It's DIP40 package.
We can ship via Post office."
:P

Do let us know how that goes.

OK don't worry I'm also interested in see the whole buy/shipping process. These guys are from China/Hong-Kong and we nver know what can came from them. But as the risk is low , maybe worthwhile. I'm also trying to get a RA39600 and the CPU CP1610. But I let you aware of the process. meanwhile I bought another demaged unit (15.00) and will try to replace the parts.

I bet !

"Hi Sir,

Thanks for your inquiry.Quotation Here..

Part No. Description Quantity Brand Unit Price
AY-3-8900-1A NEW & ORIGINAL 4 GI US$6.8/PCS
STOCK OFFER!
PARTS COULD BE SHIP OUT IMMEADITELY!
It's DIP40 package.
We can ship via Post office."
:P

Digibarn?

Or chinese counterfeit of old stock? Hope it goes well, I've heard of bad things about ordering NOS chips that are discontinued by the original manufacturer. One story had chinese claiming it was sent, must have gotten "lost", etc while trying to hold onto your money until it's past any chance of chargeback.

Fingers crossed that you have legit source and trouble free shipment. With schematics on the internet, someone could probably redesign Inty to be better, uses better output than RF, etc like that Super 8 someone did.

Digibarn?

No DZ , in fact in chinese. All quotes that I got were from chinese suppliers. This was the cheapest. I find them thorugh IC2IC

It does not mean that it's a safe buy but at least I have a place to shout at if things go wrong. Obviouçy also that I'm buying 20 bucks , not thousands. I wouldn't buy that much.

• 7 months later...

I am needing a STIC for my Inty. corrupted graphics. I bought one unit that was dead and then purchased another unit with corrupted graphics. while troubleshooting, I moved the STIC from the corrupted graphics unit to the dead board and it came to life and had the same graphics corruption, so I assume I have bad STICs. Anyone know where to get a couple?

Edited by Devalis