IGNORED

Elansar Jaguar

Orion_

Would you buy Elansar for Jaguar  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Elansar for Jaguar

• Yes, Cartridge only + Manual [40~45 euros or ~55 US$]
    • No, It's too expensive
    • Yes, Only if it come with a complete cardboard box! (no matter what is the price)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ok peeps, enough of the arguments. I have a FINAL solution, and it does not involve foam. :)

Lookie here:

atari_jaguar3.jpg

Using a dremel (off to buy one tomorrow) by trimming off the highlighted bits of plastic, the result is as follows:

atari_jaguar4.jpg

Voila! A perfect fit.

As for the manuals, the 8-16 page booklets, stickers and cards we include with our C64 releases fit in a baggie that sits nicely on the flat part of the cartridge without adding ANY thickness to the cart. You can see the Get 'Em DX one in the photo I posted in a previous post above. The widest part of the cartridge is the 'arc', so as long as that isn't exceeded, no problemo.

KTHXBYE :)

That's all I needed to know. Then I'm o.k. with these to hold my game(s). I've got no problem with different size manuals. They should do well next to my Jag games in original boxes and I can keep the clam-shell cased cartridges that are the height of DVD cases next to my Jag CD's in their DVD cases.

Edited by Gunstar

In case you guys missed it Orion put a great photo of Elansar carts on one of my threads 'a beautiful sight' - I'm really excited about this one as I really liked Myst. Haha I've just remembered I have a Saturn copy of Riven (Myst Sequal) that I bought back from Japan and could never play it as the speech is all in Japanese! I'm keeping my eye out for any ordering announcement from Orion!!

Ok peeps, enough of the arguments. I have a FINAL solution, and it does not involve foam. :)

Lookie here:

atari_jaguar3.jpg

Using a dremel (off to buy one tomorrow) by trimming off the highlighted bits of plastic, the result is as follows:

atari_jaguar4.jpg

Voila! A perfect fit.

...or not.

Despite this looking like a solution, I have since discovered that it is impossible to trim the plastic level with the base of the box with a dremel, resulting in a box that doesn't shut properly when a cartridge is inside. So, it is back to the 'shoddy' method of having a cart slightly loose in a case that does (however) shut properly.

• Like 2

If the only problem is the dremel can't cut level with the base, maybe it's just the wrong tool. I've modified cases in the past by removing bits like described, but I just use an exacto knife or similar razor blade, to eventually remove all plastic level with the case. But doesn't a dremel have an assortment of heads? Blades and grinding wheels and sanding tips? Isn't there a cone-shaped grinding/sanding head that could be used to remove remaining bits?

James, I'd say leave that kind of "fun" to the people who buy it, if they're very concerned about how a cart sits in a box they can risk their own digits with craft knives... and really, with the amount of cart releases over the next few years, you're really not going to want to spend all that time slicing and splicing ;O)

Probably pretty soon, this summer I'd guess, since cartridges look complete and if it's being released without a box. Also it would depend if it's self-published or through RGCD or similar.

• Like 1

The carts are ready on my side, also the manual and cover has been designed.

I'm just waiting for RGCD to be ready so we can sort this out.

It will most likely be available this summer at RGCD online shop.

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.482715658480661.1073741826.314432501975645&type=1

Just to reassure you that stuff is happening :)

All the stuff has come back from the printers, and I've found a baggie that resolves some of the issues. These bags hold the manual and sticker and cart, and fold over into the 'wave space' so they don't add any thickness to the package. It sits a lot nicer in a bag and doesn't fall out of the box easily.

• Like 3