IGNORED

Intv2 Arcade Controller pre-order / interest list

I noticed the NeoGeo X stick I use for Intv2 arcade controller is no longer being made and Amazon has 1 left in stock for $59.

eBay might still be a source, but not as good as Amazon was.

If you want one of the last 3 let me know.

edit: looks like gamestop still have for $50, hopefully they keep having them in stock, as Tommo is no longer making them :(

Edited by grips03

I have a Intellivision (first model) coming in this week. Plan is to adapt the internal 9 pin controller ports to db9 male. This would allow the Intv2 Arcade controller to work on this model. Any thoughts on placement of the db9 ports?

I was reading some past threads, on different controller ideas. Would people really want two cords coming out of the controller? Port 1 would be for direction and Port 2 for keypad with a switch to select between the different modes?

would having a D-pad or analog stick + the primary joystick (think twin stick) make any games better?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice controller, love having the 4 gate option which I think I will put in. Very hand for lots of games. Thanks for this very well done controller.

I'm glad you like it. I was doing some testing with different controller options, name Seimitsu LS-40, but I really like the balance with this controller. D2K, Space Patrol and Carol play awesome!!!

I think the controller started to get really good when I switched to using single AA battery to power it.

I've thought about making a kit for Intellivision 1 with 2 db15 ports and cables. This way the Intellivision 1 can power the controller directly. This would help reduce the cost of the controller, but would add cost to the console and mods. I just don't want to mod consoles for this, perhaps there are others on the forum who would do this.

Perhaps there is interest, but perhaps I should leave well enough alone.

• Like 1

I'm glad you like it. I was doing some testing with different controller options, name Seimitsu LS-40, but I really like the balance with this controller. D2K, Space Patrol and Carol play awesome!!!

I think the controller started to get really good when I switched to using single AA battery to power it.

I've thought about making a kit for Intellivision 1 with 2 db15 ports and cables. This way the Intellivision 1 can power the controller directly. This would help reduce the cost of the controller, but would add cost to the console and mods. I just don't want to mod consoles for this, perhaps there are others on the forum who would do this.

Perhaps there is interest, but perhaps I should leave well enough alone.

for the intv1, couldn't someone just get a compatible connector that would plug into the internal port for the into, and have a cable connected with a db9 port. Seems like anyone who can work a screwdriver could install this mod. Possible even make the connector be a pass through so you unplug the existing controller, plug it into a connector on the mod, plug the mod into the connector on the pcb, run a cable out the back of the into. Do the same for the other controller. You wouldn't have power, but if that was necessary you could have another connector go to PS to get power. Just a thought

• Like 1

for the intv1, couldn't someone just get a compatible connector that would plug into the internal port for the into, and have a cable connected with a db9 port. Seems like anyone who can work a screwdriver could install this mod. Possible even make the connector be a pass through so you unplug the existing controller, plug it into a connector on the mod, plug the mod into the connector on the pcb, run a cable out the back of the into. Do the same for the other controller. You wouldn't have power, but if that was necessary you could have another connector go to PS to get power. Just a thought

true a cable or mounted port would work. mounted port would require a case mod and a cable would not.

I was looking for an internal pass through, but I've yet to find one

Sweet! I'm jealous. It seems excessive to buy a third controller just to get this sticker though. :) lol!

sure does, but its fake woodgrain

if a few people want it, I can order more so as to save on shipping costs

Also I have a kit to change 2609/Tandy, etc to use the Intv2 arcade controller. You can even keep the stock controllers present. I does require one to cut the case however. So its not for all.

I have 4 more Intv controllers that are yet to be spoken for, and 3 that are reserved for members here.

In order to start on my Genesis to Intv2/Sears adapter project I need to sell these controllers first. This will help me free up dollars to spend on this new project.

To that end the remaining controllers will be $20 less, until all 7 are sold.

So for 3 of the 7 have price will be $200 with 8-way gate only, due to minor scratches on the side

And 4 of the 7 have a price of $210 with 8-way gate only, these don't have minor scratches.

After these 7 are sold, I'll most likely not make any more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was making the Intv2 arcade controller it took many tries to get the PCBs right. This is about a third of them. At first I tried Arduino, then 74xx, then Altera, then Lattice, then Xilinx. Many versions exist due to different CPLDs, DC to DC converts, etc. I hope you enjoy the pics.

post-27883-0-13948900-1399681057_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-45617600-1399681062_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-11138100-1399681068_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-12445000-1399681075_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-35636700-1399681080_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-13200500-1399681086_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-27161000-1399681092_thumb.jpg

• Like 2