IGNORED

Intv2 Arcade Controller pre-order / interest list

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered bearings and spring receivers from Akishop as I've run out. I'll be able to build the last two in late July. If you still want one, now would be the time to let me know. I very much doubt I'll build anymore after these last too. I've been playing Kroz (another 4-way) game and it works very well for this type of game, same with Old School. I would think Ms. Pacman would work well too.

Hey guys, recently I tried playing Tron Deadly Discs and Nightstalker using Grips Arcade Controller AND a second INTV controller installed in port 2 (I used a Sears Controller as I prefer the Bumpy Keypad for tactile memory).

I used this configuration to exploit the functionality on these games that allows to fire and shoot in a different direction simultaneously (for more info you may want to check the "Super Controller" thread HERE.

I am extremely surprised and pleased with the experience as it was quite easy to play with the two controllers simultaneously. Grips controller was resting on my lap and with my right hand I used the keypad of controller 2 to shoot while moving. For me this is way more comfortable than trying to hold two normal controllers (having one normal controller on each hand ends up being a balancing act). This is where Grips arcade controller shines as the base of the controller holds the controller and not the hand. In fact, Night Stalker and TronDD really benefit from a two controller configuration: using Grips controller for movement and a normal controller on the right hand for firing.

This is another use for the excellent Arcade controller from Grips. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered bearings and spring receivers from Akishop as I've run out. I'll be able to build the last two in late July. If you still want one, now would be the time to let me know. I very much doubt I'll build anymore after these last too. I've been playing Kroz (another 4-way) game and it works very well for this type of game, same with Old School. I would think Ms. Pacman would work well too.

I can personally attest to this being the case. Everyone who has bought a "grips" arcade controller will be in for a real treat if they decide to buy Ms. Pac-Man, which is soon to be released.

Thanks so much for this controller. It's a gem!

• Like 2

I can personally attest to this being the case. Everyone who has bought a "grips" arcade controller will be in for a real treat if they decide to buy Ms. Pac-Man, which is soon to be released.

Thanks so much for this controller. It's a gem!

"If" they decide to buy Ms Pac Man Carl???? If?? :) I think the real question is how many. The game will be as fantastic as these controllers are. I love them for Old School in particular.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[pipe dream mode ON]

If these could be reversed, with joystick on the right, and buttons on the left, I'd be all over it.

[/pipe dream mode OFF]

My brain is hard-wired to play Intellivision games with my right hand controlling movement.

:-D

[pipe dream mode ON]

If these could be reversed, with joystick on the right, and buttons on the left, I'd be all over it.

[/pipe dream mode OFF]

My brain is hard-wired to play Intellivision games with my right hand controlling movement.

:-D

I have one bare case that can be used, see pics below. It will cost more due to needing a joystick added and custom cut for keypad, buttons, joystick, etc.

It might look best with a wood type control panel overlay added as well. I have Sanwa and Seimitsu joysticks here. It might work best with a Seimitsu LS-33 (compact joystick). LS-32 or LS-40 might be ok if you don't mind tall joysticks.

I would stick with (3) 24mm and perhaps add a 4th button for pause (1+9 / 3+7) shortcut. I do have 30mm buttons if preferred.

PM me if interested.

post-27883-0-17482200-1427564652_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-58299000-1427564657_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-75664900-1427564663_thumb.jpg

post-27883-0-53797500-1427564668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recieved mine the other day and it is worth every penny. Dave has really gone the extra mile taking great care in assembling these with high quality parts. The buttons and joystick are like butter during gameplay. I can't recommend this enough.

Thanks again Dave for providing such a great item to the community ?

• Like 1