IGNORED

Any games worth downloading for Android?

S1500

I took the plunge & bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch tablet. For 160, I couldn't say no.

There are a LOT of bad games on the Google Play store. What's worth my time besides Pixel Dungeon? Note to self: re-download ColEm(CV emulator).

Really, how many slide puzzle & sudoku games do we need?

I lean heavily toward racing games.

*of what I have played* I highly recommend Riptide GP and Flashout 3d. Raging Thunder II HD is also pretty solid.

I see a lot of people complaining about the 'freemium' business model of Real Racing 3, but if I had a device that supported it, that'd be my first download.

I also think GT Racing: Motor Academy looks pretty slick.

I haven't played either of those, however.

There's a lot of bad stuff but also a lot of good stuff.

Here's what I have but its because its what I'm into (and these are good for me):

- Karateka Classic (original game by JM)

- Super Stickman Golf 2

- Judge Dredd vs. Zombies

- Zen Pinball HD

- Shoot Many Robots

- Nun Attack

- Castle of Shadows

- Puzzlequest 2

- Lazors

- Arcane Quest (Hero Quest style boardgame\D&D)

- Mighty Dungeons (Same thing like Arcane Quest but a little different)

- Plants vs Zombies

- All Gamebooks by Tinman Games (FF Game Books): http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/

- Frodo 64 (C64 emulator)

- Mame4Droid Reloaded (MAME)

I highly recommend Tin Man games Gamebooks if you enjoyed Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. Also Final Fantasy IV looks awesome but I'm not sure how powerful a tablet you need:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFIV_GP&hl=en

I have the same model you do. By they way if you find a good FTP program for it let me know. :P

Almost out of space on my tab. lol

I would recommend getting a Bluetooth controller. This is what I have for my Android phone: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AR9JEQU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00AR9JEQU&linkCode=as2 It is great for emulators and there are a lot of games that can also use controllers. I know you can use a PS3 controller or WiiMote but I've never tried it.

My favourite game is Gunman Clive.

Also I like:

Wreck-It Ralph

Sonic CD

Sonic 4

Bit.Trip Beat

Into the Dead

Vector

Game Dev Story

Pinball Arcade

World of Goo

I'm a big fan of Temple Run, particularly because it is free. Temple Run 1 and 2 are hard to beat and among the few free games that aren't secret money gouges.

Speaking of money gouges, I was playing D.O.T. Defender of Texel, which is a social game/MMO style and while it did have a huge money sink element, the initial hours were a lot of fun (and free!)

Of the Final Fantasies, I only have 1 and 2. 1 looks and plays great but 2 is a nightmare that is best avoided.

Android has tons of great emus. GSNES is my fave. It fetches box covers and has a real atttactive menu system that employs the SNES box design to match the covers it pulls. I use a bluetooth controller from Gamestop for my emulators, it works great.

PS3 controller on google play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

Holy cow it got very high ratings. I'll have to try it out its only a couple of bucks.

(root access required)

That sucks that it requires you to have a rooted phone/android device. Been hoping to find a app that doesn't require root, but that's highly unlikely.

Edited by madmax2069

retroish games:

plasma sky (vertical shooter)

sonic (sonic from genesis updated gfx)

gunslugs (absolutely awesome little platform shooter

Alien Breed (awesome update but i always loved this game)

emus

atarioid and gbaoid are free and look great (i also use my boy for gba emulation)

n64oid (also free) and muopen64plus are both awesome n64 emulators.

my current favorite emu is epsxe for playstation games. there are a few emus so others might be better but ps1 games on my tablet are a lot of fun, not just old favs but many i missed the first time around.

I also love rpg's lately and Symphony of Origins is my fav android classic style rpg so far. Another one that is a blatant rip off of the top down zelda's i like is called Zenonia.

Im not big into fps's on my tablet but there are quite a few ive tried Modern Combat and the Conduit are two off the top of my head, they take up a ton of disk space. Another game off the top of my head that is free is Slenderman, made me jump out of bed one night lol

Another option if your tablet isnt rooted is to get a bluetooth controller or use an old Wiimote. Some games/emu support the Wiimote/bluetooth out of the virtual box, ive tried it, but i am pretty good with the onscreen controls and having an extra joystick is cumbersome for me.

You didnt really say what you liked so i hope something i mentioned helped. Like you i found a great deal on tablet and thought i would use it for reading and videos, but i end up playing a lot games on it, dont just stick to the playstore, download APKINSTALLER and look on other sites, you can find some great games that way which arent on Playstore (for example all the free oid emulators)