IGNORED

Jaguar Kiosk - interest check (UK only)

Gaztee

Need to downsize my collection in preparation for moving! First thing from my Jag collection is my kiosk. Just wondering if anyone in the UK is interested?? I won't ship it abroad, too much hassle & my time is limited ATM. No objection if someone from Europe fancies a road trip!

Will be moving on most of my jag stuff shortly too! Just keeping the bits I want, but as I don't use it much it might as well go to someone who will use it!

Did you get the kiosk from a atari shop or dealer Gatzee (as i am guessing that that's where the majority of them ended up), don't seem to remember Sillica shop having one though (though i do remember their 2600 kiosk, they had 2)

Edited by carmel_andrews

Did you get the kiosk from a atari shop or dealer Gatzee (as i am guessing that that's where the majority of them ended up), don't seem to remember Sillica shop having one though (though i do remember their 2600 kiosk, they had 2)

I believe it was originally owned by telegames.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The KIOSK is now in Europe a trip of 25 hours started 19-06-2013 ar 23:00 CET to Calais, the a boot trip to Dover and drove to Birmingham then I drove back to Dover took the boat back to Calais and drove back to The Netherlands.

post-2754-0-56711800-1371836521_thumb.jpg

Edited by TXG/MNX
  • Like 1

Hello,

The KIOSK is now in Europe a trip of 25 hours started 19-06-2013 ar 23:00 CET to Calais, the a boot trip to Dover and drove to Birmingham then I drove back to Dover took the boat back to Calais and drove back to The Netherlands.

Looking at your route you even got sent the slightly longer & busier route :( Now I know why you turned left out of my road! Glad it went to a good home & that you survived the trip! :) See you both again in November ;)

All he had time for was a quick drink, but it was a special drink ;) then back off down to your favourite place - Dover :D

Yes I needed to get back to Dover I must say I was there ontime had 1 hour there to strech my legs and walk around this was needed because I had no sleep for a while and only sitting in a car seat for more then 900km when I was arrived in Dover was also something that was killing...

But I managed the trip, it was a little but longer then expected ....

This is a brilliant thread!

Looks like TXG didn't want to pay the toll on the new motorway around brum?!

I just did follow the directions on my car navigation, by default any highway that needs toll is avoided. ;) but no problem I didn't miss the ferry back to europe ...

• Like 1

23.11.13 24.11.13 near Duisburg/Düsseldorf Germany

thank you,

Tempting, but looking at it realistically, it's not going to happen for me.

What was the reason for shutting down the UK fest? Kent is nice and close to France too, high speed trains and you're here!

What was the reason for shutting down the UK fest? Kent is nice and close to France too, high speed trains and you're here!

It wasn't "shut down", Gaz did the first ones IIRC, Linko did one, but Nick was unable to continue with them. Kizza took over for a couple of years and 'worked his magic'... it didn't do the brand any favours due to his & Mrs. Kizza's antics. Euro Jagfest has never been about drama, name-calling, personal attacks, exclusion and general drama queen mining about - it's open to everyone and has the best vibe of any Retro/Atari party I've been to bar maybe Fried Bits back in the day (and that was simply unbeatable due to the hyper productivity and sheer number of active atari kids). Releasing or previewing a game at ejagfest, seeing genuine Jaguar fans from 1000s of miles around play it for the first time, giving you valuable and interesting feedback, it's second to none for that.

There was talk of reviving it the UK one, possibly as a section of a proper/larger show, but far as I know that's not gone anywhere. It's up to Nick what happens, he's the holder of the keys, but speaking to anyone who has been to a UK one and a Euro one, there's only one winrar :0)

• Like 3