IGNORED

Space Mission "sighting..."

BassGuitari

...kinda sorta. I found a catalog ad on eBay featuring the Atari Video Computer System and a couple of Unisonic games. The games it lists as available (in addition to the Combat included with the system) are: Air-Sea Battle, Space Mission, Indy 500, Street Racer, and Video Olympics. It also states that other cartridges are available as well.

Wouldn't "Space Mission" have been changed to "Star Ship" by the time of a catalog appearance such as this?

Anyway, I thought I'd share it here because there aren't too many references to "Space Mission," and I've never seen this one.

Interesting catalog page.

All I know is here:

http://www.atarimani...ion_s15384.html

There once was a Space Mission cart for sale on Ebay, but the seller never responded to any questions.

Space Mission Cart.jpg

8)

Is that the same one that showed up a long time ago (this would have been at least 6-7 years ago)? I thought there were close ups of it?

Is that the same one that showed up a long time ago (this would have been at least 6-7 years ago)? I thought there were close ups of it?

If I recall the one I saw on Ebay did have close up pics. Been dredging up my memory about it. I think it was shown with 2 other other common carts. Also the one owned by crunchy was an empty shell wasn't it? A mock up? Pity he hasn't been on for a while to confirm ;)

If I recall the one I saw on Ebay did have close up pics. Been dredging up my memory about it. I think it was shown with 2 other other common carts. Also the one owned by crunchy was an empty shell wasn't it? A mock up?

Yeah that sounds about right from what I remember.

If I recall the one I saw on Ebay did have close up pics. Been dredging up my memory about it. I think it was shown with 2 other other common carts. Also the one owned by crunchy was an empty shell wasn't it? A mock up? Pity he hasn't been on for a while to confirm ;)

In this particular case, with regards to this particular game, does it really matter if it has no board inside? I mean, it's star ship with a different name. So the unique space mission labels are what make it special & desirable & collectible. You can always just sacrifice a loose star ship cartridge and place the board inside the space mission cartridge shell and it would be complete.

Anyhow, if crunchy does have this cartridge, it would be nice if he could post some up close high quality pics someday.

In this particular case, with regards to this particular game, does it really matter if it has no board inside? I mean, it's star ship with a different name. So the unique space mission labels are what make it special & desirable & collectible. You can always just sacrifice a loose star ship cartridge and place the board inside the space mission cartridge shell and it would be complete.

Anyhow, if crunchy does have this cartridge, it would be nice if he could post some up close high quality pics someday.

Actually that is a very good point. If one did turn up with the game intact how would anyone know that it was not simply a mock up shell with a Star Ship in it? When the questions were first asked it was simply to ascertain whether any Space Missions existed but now Supergun has raised a valid point which would cast doubt on the result of any investigation ;)